News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

The road sign city name photo game

Started by Scott5114, December 29, 2016, 05:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TBKS1

The only D city I have.

Richmond >> Diaz (Arkansas) - I hope someone has a Z.

(Taken Yesterday)

Diaz - Exit 85 by TheInstrumentalist, on Flickr
I take pictures of road signs, that's about it.

General rule of thumb: Just stay in the "Traffic Control" section of the forum and you'll be fine.

MNHighwayMan

We're in luck, because I remembered that I do have a Z___!

Diaz → Zearing, IA (on NB I-35)

Jim

Zearing -> Gig Harbor, WA.  I-5.  February 23, 2010.

Photos I post are my own unless otherwise noted.
Signs: https://www.teresco.org/pics/signs/
Travel Mapping: https://travelmapping.net/user/?u=terescoj
Counties: http://www.mob-rule.com/user/terescoj
Twitter @JimTeresco (roads, travel, skiing, weather, sports)

TBKS1

Gig Harbor >> Russell (Arkansas), Not to be confused with Russellville, Arkansas.

Taken Yesterday.

US-67 Exit 60 by TheInstrumentalist, on Flickr

General rule of thumb: Just stay in the "Traffic Control" section of the forum and you'll be fine.

AsphaltPlanet

AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

MNHighwayMan

Lompoc → Cambridge (at the west end of MN-95 at MN-23)

(Hometown represent!)

oscar

my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

TBKS1

Edinburg >> Glen Rose (Arkansas) - Taken on March 25th, 2018.

Glen Rose Community Exit 106 by TheInstrumentalist, on Flickr

TBKS1

**Post edit - ignore this**

MNHighwayMan

Sorry, but the rules don't allow for that. Next city played after Glen Rose has to start with an E.

TBKS1

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on April 07, 2018, 09:08:14 PM
Sorry, but the rules don't allow for that. Next city played after Glen Rose has to start with an E.

Oh yeah... I forgot. lol

Glen Rose >> England (Arkansas)

I think I have played this before but I have no idea.

US-165 by TheInstrumentalist, on Flickr

MNHighwayMan

It's okay to re-use city names, so long as it's a different sign each time.

oscar

Quote from: TBKS1 on April 07, 2018, 09:12:35 PM

You used a different photo to play England, AR in February 2018. You can use the search box, while you're in this thread, to search for references to "England" in this thread, as I did, which has saved me from some duplicative posts.

I suggest you try again, even though it's not completely clear that what you did is not OK. Other users are free in this game (not the street name game) to use different photos to play an already-used place name (though I got grumpy when Indianapolis got played to death). But I don't think it's OK for the same user to replay the same name, even with a different photo.

If you don't have another E____, and choose not to stand on MNHighwayMan's advice, I have an E___ on hand, as well as a few boring D____ names. I've been out of pocket the past few days, but now I'm catching my breath in Miami (and also on the photos I took on my way there), so I can get back in the game.

TBKS1

Quote from: oscar on April 07, 2018, 09:27:35 PM
Quote from: TBKS1 on April 07, 2018, 09:12:35 PM

You used a different photo to play England, AR in February 2018. You can use the search box, while you're in this thread, to search for references to "England" in this thread, as I did, which has saved me from some duplicative posts.

I suggest you try again, even though it's not completely clear that what you did is not OK. Other users are free in this game (not the street name game) to use different photos to play an already-used place name (though I got grumpy when Indianapolis got played to death). But I don't think it's OK for the same user to replay the same name, even with a different photo.

If you don't have another E____, and choose not to stand on MNHighwayMan's advice, I have an E___ on hand, as well as a few boring D____ names. I've been out of pocket the past few days, but now I'm catching my breath in Miami (and also on the photos I took on my way there), so I can get back in the game.

Yeah, I thought I played England some time ago.

I'll just leave that picture where it is and let anyone play off of D (England.)

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: oscar on April 07, 2018, 09:27:35 PM
But I don't think it's OK for the same user to replay the same name, even with a different photo.

There's nothing in the rules in Scott5114's OP that explicitly disallows this. I've done it a few times (played the same city, just with a different sign) and no one called me out on it. I don't really care to do it often, since I'm more about variety, but it's not against the rules as they currently stand.

hbelkins

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

MNHighwayMan

Dunbar → Roscoe, MN (photo previously played for Richmond)

oscar

TBKS1

Edcouch >> Houston (Arkansas)

Taken on March 31st, 2018

AR-113 by TheInstrumentalist, on Flickr

jmd41280

Houston, AR -> New Brighton, PA (taken today)

New Brighton, Beaver County by Jon Dawson, on Flickr
"Increase the Flash Gordon noise and put more science stuff around!"

TBKS1

New Brighton > Newport (Arkansas) - Taken on April 3rd, 2018

AR-384 by TheInstrumentalist, on Flickr

MNHighwayMan

Newport → Toledo, IA (on US-63 at its junction with IA-96)

TBKS1

Toledo > Overcup (Arkansas) - Taken on March 31st, 2018

Overcup Community by TheInstrumentalist, on Flickr

oscar

MNHighwayMan

Pilgrim → Milaca (complete with a crooked 3 on MN-23 EB after the MN-95 junction)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.