Roadgeek Memes

Started by cl94, December 05, 2017, 12:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OracleUsr

Anti-center-tabbing, anti-sequential-numbering, anti-Clearview BGS FAN

SSOWorld

Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Henry

What we most likely think of a certain user and his inane ideas:
via Imgflip Meme Generator
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

kphoger

Quote from: Henry on December 07, 2017, 09:12:05 AM

That donkey should be bulldozed to make room for an Interstate.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

freebrickproductions

Quote from: formulanone on December 06, 2017, 09:11:49 PM

We need to shove that in the face of every driver here in Huntsville...
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

roadman

Quote from: Brandon on December 06, 2017, 06:18:10 PM

I give this ten thousand thumbs up.  And yes, I'm old enough to remember when button copy was everywhere.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

cl94

You really don't need to be that old to remember when button copy was everywhere. NYSDOT started their mass replacements in the mid-late 90s, so I remember quite a bit of NY button copy, and Ohio was installing it until the early 2000s. I lived in OH 2003-07 and they were installing (lit) button copy the first year or so I was there.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

Rothman

MA stopped installing it and then, when I was a teenager in the late 1980s/early 1990s, started installing some again on I-91, particularly around West Springfield.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

PHLBOS

Quote from: Rothman on December 08, 2017, 02:32:25 PM
MA stopped installing it and then, when I was a teenager in the late 1980s/early 1990s, started installing some again on I-91, particularly around West Springfield.
Actually, MassDPW stopped doing button-copy signage en masse by the early 70s.  There was a brief revival in the mid-80s; mainly the signage along the Southeast Expressway portion of I-93 when it was reconstructed circa 1984-85.  For the early 90s, only the I-shields on signs were button-copy.

Mass. Pike (I-90) signage, via the Mass. Turnpike Authority, used button-copy through the 90s.   
GPS does NOT equal GOD

formulanone

Quote from: PHLBOS on December 08, 2017, 03:11:43 PMFor the early 90s, only the I-shields on signs were button-copy.

Do they re-use those button copy shields on new signage? Or did DPW and/or MassHighway just have a lot of shields manufactured, with plenty of backstock?

Much of the interstate signage looks remarkably "new" for 15-20 year old signs, while the button copy shields still look pretty good...

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

ColossalBlocks

I am inactive for a while now my dudes. Good associating with y'all.

US Highways: 36, 49, 61, 412.

Interstates: 22, 24, 44, 55, 57, 59, 72, 74 (West).

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: cl94 on December 08, 2017, 02:23:44 PM
You really don't need to be that old to remember when button copy was everywhere.

Ehh, I wouldn't say button copy was everywhere that recently. I grew up in Minnesota and never saw it there.

SSOWorld

Scott O.

Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
Raise your what?

ColossalBlocks

Ian

So many stale memes in this thread; I thought I stepped back in time to 2010!  :biggrin:

Quote from: ColossalBlocks on December 08, 2017, 06:19:35 PM

This is what happens when you eat bone hurting juice.
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

ColossalBlocks

Quote from: Ian on December 09, 2017, 12:28:56 PM
So many stale memes in this thread; I thought I stepped back in time to 2010!  :biggrin:

Quote from: ColossalBlocks on December 08, 2017, 06:19:35 PM

This is what happens when you eat bone hurting juice.

Oof ouch owie my bones.

kurumi

My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

cl94

Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Ian

UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

ColossalBlocks

SSOWorld

Scott O.

Raise your what?

ColossalBlocks

cl94

freebrickproductions

It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.