News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Off-Topic / Re: Mortgage Payments should b...
Last post by SEWIGuy - Today at 08:18:07 AM
Quote from: kernals12 on Today at 08:05:19 AM
Quote from: SEWIGuy on Today at 07:37:54 AMSo if I buy a house in an area that suddenly booms, my mortgage payments would increase, and the bank would make more money? How on earth is that a good idea?

In reality what would happen is that people would be forced out of their homes.

And if you live in an area that suddenly tanks, your mortgage payments would drop.

So? I don't think the bank should be short-changed either.
Last post by kalvado - Today at 08:15:24 AM
So, how do you view mortgage in general? Right now, it's a loan with certain financial terms - interest rate, payoff period etc. Real estate component is just backing the loan for bank's "peace of mind". Risks of property ownership are still on a borrower, abet insurance is required.
You propose to tie in real estate much deeper into the equation. Can you describe full legal framework? What are the right of the bank in this scheme?
Off-Topic / Re: Black Friday could be your...
Last post by ZLoth - Today at 08:08:51 AM
Quote from: Scott5114 on Today at 12:40:28 AMMeanwhile the company probably spent $6 to make them. It's all a racket.

It's the NAND Flash memory prices that are jumping like crazy.
Last post by kernals12 - Today at 08:05:19 AM
Quote from: SEWIGuy on Today at 07:37:54 AMSo if I buy a house in an area that suddenly booms, my mortgage payments would increase, and the bank would make more money? How on earth is that a good idea?

And if you live in an area that suddenly tanks, your mortgage payments would drop.
Sports / Re: Hockey
Last post by epzik8 - Today at 07:45:27 AM
To nobody's surprise, the Maple Leafs memes are in full force on Reddit this morning.
Last post by SEWIGuy - Today at 07:37:54 AM
So if I buy a house in an area that suddenly booms, my mortgage payments would increase, and the bank would make more money? How on earth is that a good idea?

Traffic Control / Re: Most absurd VMS messages
Last post by GaryV - Today at 07:14:04 AM
One I've seen for a couple days in SE Mich (maybe slight paraphrase):

HEAT STROKE KILLS
CHECK THE BACK SEAT

Yeah, right. I forgot I had the kid with me. But I'll remember to check the back seat just in case there's a kid in there.
Off-Topic / Re: Who misses the old McDonal...
Last post by GaryV - Today at 07:07:33 AM
Quote from: Road Hog on Today at 12:55:57 AMThe new-build McD's look like banks, which I'm sure they hope to sell to as branch locations as soon as the building value exceeds the burger profit.

Around here it seems like they are closing bank branches, not opening new ones.
General Highway Talk / Re: Why is the Shield So Large...
Last post by epzik8 - Today at 06:56:58 AM
I would guess greater visibility if it's a more heavily-traveled intersection.
Last post by kalvado - Today at 06:45:57 AM
Is it about balloon payment?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.