News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Illinois notes

Started by mgk920, September 12, 2012, 02:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Powell

Quote from: 3467 on October 04, 2019, 10:27:24 AM
our 45 billion

According to the people I have spoken to, IDOT's "state highway" share of the capital plan is nowhere near 45 billion. After subtracting the money for vertical construction, local roads, transit, and a host of other things, it's about 20% of that.

Ok to say the least it has not been clear well nothing has.....

Brandon

Well, now, this became more interesting:

Unredacted search warrant for Sen. Martin Sandoval's office shows feds sought material related to ComEd, red light camera and gambling operators, tollway official

QuoteFederal agents were seeking materials related to ComEd and Exelon, Cook County Commissioner Jeff Tobolski, businessman Michael Vondra and red light camera company SafeSpeed, when they raided Sen. Martin Sandoval's Springfield office last month, according to an unredacted search warrant the Illinois Senate released Friday morning.

Sandoval, who has not been charged with any wrongdoing, resigned as chairman of the Senate Transportation committee on Friday.

And here's search warrant:

Read the unredacted federal search warrant for state Sen. Martin Sandoval's Springfield office

In it are mentions of SafeSpeed, Arq Design Build, Inc., Technicraft Collision Repair, businesses owned/controlled by Martin Sandoval, a Countryside cigar lounge (Casa de Montecristo), "Concrete Company A", IDOT, and ComEd.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

edwaleni

Quote from: Brandon on October 11, 2019, 01:49:34 PM
Well, now, this became more interesting:

Unredacted search warrant for Sen. Martin Sandoval's office shows feds sought material related to ComEd, red light camera and gambling operators, tollway official

QuoteFederal agents were seeking materials related to ComEd and Exelon, Cook County Commissioner Jeff Tobolski, businessman Michael Vondra and red light camera company SafeSpeed, when they raided Sen. Martin Sandoval's Springfield office last month, according to an unredacted search warrant the Illinois Senate released Friday morning.

Sandoval, who has not been charged with any wrongdoing, resigned as chairman of the Senate Transportation committee on Friday.

And here's search warrant:

Read the unredacted federal search warrant for state Sen. Martin Sandoval's Springfield office

In it are mentions of SafeSpeed, Arq Design Build, Inc., Technicraft Collision Repair, businesses owned/controlled by Martin Sandoval, a Countryside cigar lounge (Casa de Montecristo), "Concrete Company A", IDOT, and ComEd.

Too funny. Once again Illinois and corruption strike again.

As I mentioned earlier, he seemed way too "large and in charge" in his transportation committee meetings.

He spoke like everything was a forgone conclusion which rankled a few of his peers who wanted to ask questions.

He resigned as Transportation chair Friday and Pritzger dumped a tollway  nominee.
He overlaps into the Exelon scandal as well

I-39

Any money in the capital bill to hire someone to maintain and update the IDOT website?

My gosh, there is a ton of outdated info on there.

inkyatari

Quote from: I-39 on October 16, 2019, 10:06:50 AM
Any money in the capital bill to hire someone to maintain and update the IDOT website?

My gosh, there is a ton of outdated info on there.

All of Illinois' state websites are like that.
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

JoePCool14

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

edwaleni

SSOWorld

Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Ha ha.
They don't have many road projects in yet. Not only doesn't Illinois update it's web pages they aren't updating the road plans. Perhaps to busy with the feds.

Rick Powell

mvak36

One project that caught my eye was the I-57 widening. They definitely need it.
QuoteI-57 from the Middle Fork of Big Muddy River in Franklin County to the I-64 south Tri-Level interchange  in  District  9  -  $174.6  million  for  additional  lanes  for  25  miles  and  bridge  replacements along this critical freight corridor.

Does this complete all of the widening between I-24 and I-64? I can't remember which parts have been widened already. I know they also got a BUILD grant last year for widening a section as well.
Counties: Counties visited
Travel Mapping: Summary

ilpt4u

Quote from: mvak36 on October 21, 2019, 06:33:56 PM
QuoteI-57 from the Middle Fork of Big Muddy River in Franklin County to the I-64 south Tri-Level interchange  in  District  9  -  $174.6  million  for  additional  lanes  for  25  miles  and  bridge  replacements along this critical freight corridor.

Does this complete all of the widening between I-24 and I-64? I can't remember which parts have been widened already. I know they also got a BUILD grant last year for widening a section as well.
I believe just south of the Marion Main St Exit to the I-24 Split still needs lane 3 on each side...then again, that is the stretch I never drive, so maybe not

I know its only 4 lane between the I-24 Split and the IL 148 Exit

Johnston City to West Frankfort is in progress now

There are a decent number of bridges that need expanded near Rend Lake...I'm a little surprised the cost is that low (relatively speaking)

Rick Powell

Kendall County gets all
its major routes 4-laned. All of IL 47s remaining gaps are filled (Caton Farm to IL 71 and Kennedy Road to Cross Street), into the 4-Lane section in Kane County. IL 71 from IL 47 to Orchard Road. And US 34 is in final construction from Plano to Oswego.
The I-55 add-Lane project around Springfield doesn't appear to get full funding.
I-80 in District 1 gets major attention, as was expected.

Very few 4 lanes downstate. But 34 gets some. They were applicants to Sandovol not a good look.We shall see what the post arrest nationhood like.

mvak36

Quote from: ilpt4u on October 21, 2019, 08:50:09 PM
Quote from: mvak36 on October 21, 2019, 06:33:56 PM

I believe just south of the Marion Main St Exit to the I-24 Split still needs lane 3 on each side...then again, that is the stretch I never drive, so maybe not

I know its only 4 lane between the I-24 Split and the IL 148 Exit

Johnston City to West Frankfort is in progress now

There are a decent number of bridges that need expanded near Rend Lake...I’m a little surprised the cost is that low (relatively speaking)

So I looked on Google Maps. It is 3 lanes from just a little south of Exit 53 in Marion up to about exit 59 in Johnston City. I believe they're currently constructing the section from Johnston City to Pond Creek, which is a mile south of Exit 65 in West Frankfort. The project listed in the MYP is from 2 miles north of Exit 65 up to Exit 92 (I-64) in Mt. Vernon.

So unless I'm missing something, it looks like what they still have left is:
~3 miles in West Frankfurt (Pond Creek to the Middle Fork of Big Muddy River (approx Mile Markers 64 to 67)
~8 miles from the I-24/I-57 interchange up to just south of Exit 53 in Marion (Mile marker 44 to approx mile marker 52)

EDIT: It looks like they will start work on the part between Mile Markers 64 and 67 in this next Fiscal Year.

So only the part south of Marion to I-24 will be left after the construction up to I-64 is finished.
Counties: Counties visited
Travel Mapping: Summary

Pritzger mentioned the scandal and claimed this used an objective standard. Yet then one sees among the projects the one the bowed before Sandovol. That said I will take it.

paulthemapguy

The Illinois 88 sign is still showing proudly inside Tanners Orchard, where Illinois 17 meets old Illinois 88 (now Illinois 40), after their massive renovation.

LM-V405

Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

Rick Powell

Quote from: paulthemapguy on December 01, 2019, 12:32:17 PM
The Illinois 88 sign is still showing proudly inside Tanners Orchard, where Illinois 17 meets old Illinois 88 (now Illinois 40), after their massive renovation

Tanners! Went there a few weeks ago on a Sunday, what a crowd in the middle of nowhere.

ilpt4u

I know I could Google it...but that takes the fun away

Where is this Tanners? And is it a location Road Geeks should aim to clench?

Rick Powell

Quote from: ilpt4u on December 08, 2019, 12:00:18 AM
Where is this Tanners?

Paul the Map Guy December 01, 2019, 12:32:17 PM gave a pretty good clue.

Brandon

Quote from: Rick Powell on December 09, 2019, 12:33:35 PM
Where is this Tanners?

The big question is the NW junction (Stark County) or the SE junction (Marshall County)?
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Rick Powell

Quote from: Brandon on December 09, 2019, 12:56:11 PM
Quote from: Rick Powell on December 09, 2019, 12:33:35 PM
Where is this Tanners?

The big question is the NW junction (Stark County) or the SE junction (Marshall County)?

If you go northwest past Camp Grove, your orchard-finding adventures will be Stark.

If you Marshall your resources, you will have good fortune.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.