News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Maryland -- E-ZPass fee increase

Started by mefailenglish, January 30, 2009, 08:23:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtantillo

If you have a friend or relative in New York State, sign up for NY Service Center E-ZPass using their New York address.  When the account is activated, log in online and change your billing address. 

New York Service Center issues tags for MTA, Port Authority, and Thruway Authority.  MTA and Thruway tags do not charge a monthly fee (by state law), whereas Port Authority tags do charge the fee (NY State law does not apply to a bi-state agency unless both states agree, and NJ was the very first to start  the fees).  Their method of assigning tags to an agency is very simple....NY residents get Thruway or MTA tags (depending on upstate or downstate address), while all out of state residents get Port Authority tags. 

froggie

Have one of those Port Authority tags.  After Meaghan left Syracuse and while I was in Mississippi, I stubbornly hung onto it, even with the fee (which proved to be fortuous, since it came in very handy last year before I was fully in DC).  The fee didn't bother me too much.  Though now that I'm firmly implanted back in Virginia, I've picked up a Virginia EZPass and will be turning the PANYNJ tag in next time I head north (Labor Day weekend).

vdeane

You don't even need a NY address to get a Thruway es-pass.  Just head up to upstate NY and get one from a place that sells ex-pass on-the-go and you'll get a Thruway tag.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

hbelkins

This all reminds me. I need to send my Peace Bridge tags back and get my money back. Haven't got my statement from West Virginia yet to see all the usage from my wife's trip through WV, NJ, NY and MA recently.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

mightyace

Quote from: hbelkins on August 29, 2009, 11:33:43 PM
This all reminds me. I need to send my Peace Bridge tags back and get my money back. Haven't got my statement from West Virginia yet to see all the usage from my wife's trip through WV, NJ, NY and MA recently.

Can't you check that online?
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

Alex

mightyace

Quote from: AARoads on October 01, 2009, 10:17:31 AM
Md. lawmakers may lose free E-ZPasses

Since they're still eligible to seek reimbursement for tolls, not that much of a change.  I'm sure it's more for PR than anything else.
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.