Gribblenation Jalisco, Mexico Series

Started by Max Rockatansky, March 05, 2020, 12:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

I just wrapped up the first of two articles which feature a recent trip to Jalisco State in Mexico.  Part 1 (which turned out extremely long) includes the following; driving and infrastructure observations, the Town and roads surrounding Zacoalco de Torres, and a trip on Federal Highways 54/80/15/23 to Chapala.  Part 2 in the series will cover Guadalajara and the numerous roads I traversed around the City. 

https://www.gribblenation.org/2020/03/2020-jalisco-mexico-road-trip-part-1.html

Max Rockatansky

Part 2 of the 2020 Jalisco series is ready to view.  Part 2 explores; Autopista 54D over Laguna de San Marcos, Federal Highway 15 and Avenida Adolfo Lopez Mateos into Guadalajara, Mercado Libertad, and Federal Highway 23 to Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla Guadalajara International Airport.

https://www.gribblenation.org/2020/03/2020-jalisco-mexico-road-trip-part-2.html

Max Rockatansky

I made a return trip to Jalisco this year but didn't spend a ton of time on the road.  I did take the opportunity to drive a portion of Federal Highway GUA 10D:

https://www.gribblenation.org/2022/08/federal-highway-gua-10d-southern.html

Kniwt

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on August 16, 2022, 07:03:55 PM
I did take the opportunity to drive a portion of Federal Highway GUA 10D:

Nice! Gotta ask a question about one of the pics at the link, though. Any idea what the artifacts are around each of the three blades here? They look too "regular" to be random noise inserted by the camera, it seems very unlikely that transparent things are hanging off the blades, but I didn't see any such artifacts on the BGS pics.

LilianaUwU

Quote from: Kniwt on August 17, 2022, 04:20:51 AM

Nice! Gotta ask a question about one of the pics at the link, though. Any idea what the artifacts are around each of the three blades here? They look too "regular" to be random noise inserted by the camera, it seems very unlikely that transparent things are hanging off the blades, but I didn't see any such artifacts on the BGS pics.

I'm gonna assume it's a result of taking a picture in a moving car.
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: LilianaUwU on August 17, 2022, 04:53:30 AM
Quote from: Kniwt on August 17, 2022, 04:20:51 AM

I'm gonna assume it's a result of taking a picture in a moving car.

This plus having to use copious amounts of zoom to get past a dirty windshield.  The iPhone 7 was what I was using in 2020 and it really didn't take solid images of small font at speed. 

Kniwt

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on August 17, 2022, 06:09:03 AM
This plus having to use copious amounts of zoom to get past a dirty windshield.  The iPhone 7 was what I was using in 2020 and it really didn't take solid images of small font at speed. 

Got it; thanks.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.