News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Most irritating emoji

Started by kurumi, May 08, 2024, 12:46:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

For fun: which emoji bugs you?

😂
0 (0%)
🤣
2 (14.3%)
😝
0 (0%)
👏
5 (35.7%)
💀
3 (21.4%)
🤡
3 (21.4%)
🚱
1 (7.1%)
🛣️
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Duke87

Quote from: jeffandnicole on May 08, 2024, 07:02:05 AMAt least on these forums, the most annoying one people overuse is  :banghead:

That is not an emoji. Emoji are characters in unicode, the forum's built in smileys are GIF images, which are a different thing entirely.

Anyway, there is no emoji I specifically am irritated by, but what I am irritated by is when people add a goddamn s to the end of the word to pluralize it. It's a Japanese word, folks, Japanese words do not change when plural. The plural of emoji is emoji, therefore.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

MATraveler128

Definitely 💩
Decommission 128 south of Peabody!

Lowest untraveled number: 56

kkt

Quote from: kurumi on May 08, 2024, 12:46:19 AMBack in the day, all we had was ":-)"

(some of the Japanese character emojis are explained here: http://www.kurumi.com/jp/2016/06/11/k-emoji.html)

You had ":-)"?  We had to make do with ": )"!  And we were glad to get it!

Molandfreak

🍑 for sure. Remember when it was replaced with a normal-looking peach for a while but they changed it back because of public outcry? I can never use the emoji for my favorite fruit because of its other connotations!
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.