News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Longest signal mast arm

Started by DuskDarf1, July 21, 2023, 01:31:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeriesE

Quote from: roadfro on August 05, 2023, 04:52:50 PM
Quote from: SeriesE on July 28, 2023, 04:05:31 AM
Las Vegas Blvd/Tropicana Ave has very long mast arms too. 4 through lanes + 3 left turn lanes

I think these two mast arms at SB Las Vegas Blvd & Harmon Ave (two separate mast arms for a singled direction of travel, with primary signals in the background and secondary signals in the foreground, due to the extreme width and skew of the intersection) have the mast arms at Tropicana beat.

You're right! If google's measure distance tool on satellite view can be trusted, the arm for Harmon Avenue is about 85 ft, while the arm for Las Vegas Blvd at Tropicana Ave is only about 64 ft

steviep24

Quote from: SeriesE on August 06, 2023, 02:35:57 AM
Quote from: roadfro on August 05, 2023, 04:52:50 PM
Quote from: SeriesE on July 28, 2023, 04:05:31 AM
Las Vegas Blvd/Tropicana Ave has very long mast arms too. 4 through lanes + 3 left turn lanes

I think these two mast arms at SB Las Vegas Blvd & Harmon Ave (two separate mast arms for a singled direction of travel, with primary signals in the background and secondary signals in the foreground, due to the extreme width and skew of the intersection) have the mast arms at Tropicana beat.

You're right! If google's measure distance tool on satellite view can be trusted, the arm for Harmon Avenue is about 85 ft, while the arm for Las Vegas Blvd at Tropicana Ave is only about 64 ft
A bit off topic but I counted 53 signal heads at this intersection including the side mounts. So not only are the longest mast arms here so is the most signal heads at a single intersection.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.