U.S. 301 Governor Harry W. Nice Memorial Bridge

Started by cpzilliacus, December 20, 2012, 10:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MASTERNC

Quote from: roadman65 on October 30, 2022, 09:38:36 PM
Quote from: MASTERNC on October 18, 2022, 03:32:36 PM
Quote from: roadman65 on October 18, 2022, 02:00:55 PM
No surprise.  Not "Oh wow, I am surprised!"  Meaning typical here.   As our latest fad is to make all toll roads cashless.  Why should Maryland be any different.

Though I am surprised that VA residents still have to pay full price despite the southern end of the bridge connects to Virginia.  You think MDTA would extend the courtesy and let VA residents share in the MD EZPass discount.

Transponder discrimination is a very sore spot and should not be allowed, but that is a different discussion.

Transponder discrimination?  You mean VA resident discrimination on MDTA's part.

Ask the same with respect to MA, NY, NJ.  They all do the same thing.

1995hoo

No surprise.  Not "Oh wow, I am surprised!"  Meaning typical here.   As our latest fad is to make all toll roads cashless.  Why should Maryland be any different.

Though I am surprised that VA residents still have to pay full price despite the southern end of the bridge connects to Virginia.  You think MDTA would extend the courtesy and let VA residents share in the MD EZPass discount.

Transponder discrimination is a very sore spot and should not be allowed, but that is a different discussion.

Transponder discrimination?  You mean VA resident discrimination on MDTA's part.

It's not just Virginia. Maryland's discounts apply only to Maryland-issued transponders. It doesn't matter whether your E-ZPass is from Virginia, the Port Authority, Maine, whatever–if it's not from Maryland, you pay a higher toll.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

jmacswimmer

Video from yesterday of a short truss section on the original bridge being detonated into the Potomac:

https://twitter.com/TheMDTA/status/1638517155204407296
"Now, what if da Bearss were to enter the Indianapolis 5-hunnert?"
"How would they compete?"
"Let's say they rode together in a big buss."
"Is Ditka driving?"
"Of course!"
"Then I like da Bear buss."
"DA BEARSSS BUSSSS"

ixnay

Quote from: 1995hoo on October 31, 2022, 08:54:31 AM

It's not just Virginia. Maryland's discounts apply only to Maryland-issued transponders. It doesn't matter whether your E-ZPass is from Virginia, the Port Authority, Maine, whatever–if it's not from Maryland, you pay a higher toll.

Come over to the PA Turnpike thread and witness/join the EZP discrimination discussion there.
The Washington/Baltimore/Arlington CSA has two Key Bridges, a Minnesota Avenue, and a Mannasota Avenue.

epzik8

I take back anything bad I ever said about the new Nice Bridge after driving over it for the first time today.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.