News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Nevada

Started by gonealookin, November 27, 2018, 11:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted$8roadFan

Not to get too political, but Nevada also is a term limits state, so I think legislators have little incentive to think long term.   

roadfro

Quote from: Ted$8roadFan on May 02, 2024, 05:15:50 AMNot to get too political, but Nevada also is a term limits state, so I think legislators have little incentive to think long term. 
At least as far as state legislature, the term limit is 12 years for both the Assembly (two-year terms) and Senate (four-year terms). There is also a non-zero number of legislators that have termed out in the Assembly and then were elected to the Senate. So I don't necessarily agree that there's little incentive for long-term thinking from a term limits perspective.

What is more limiting, and could potentially induce less long-term thought, is that Nevada's legislature only meets every other year. So for Assembly members, it's essentially a one-and-done if they don't get re-elected.
Roadfro - AARoads Pacific Southwest moderator since 2010, Nevada roadgeek since 1983.

Scott5114

For what it's worth, all of my interactions with the state government so far have been overwhelmingly positive. The lady I worked with at the DMV to get my license and registration transferred was probably the nicest government official I've ever worked with. I checked my voter registration and I'm in the system already, two days after registration—that's lightning-fast compared to what I was used to in Oklahoma.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

cl94

Western government employees are shockingly nice by eastern standards. Of course, we're also (generally) paid well by eastern standards and often have better flexibility.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

Rothman

Quote from: cl94 on May 02, 2024, 05:12:59 PMWestern government employees are shockingly nice by eastern standards. Of course, we're also (generally) paid well by eastern standards and often have better flexibility.

I've yet to have a bad experience at NYSDMV, but I only moved to NY after improvements were made twenty-plus years ago.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.