News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Username Origins

Started by ComputerGuy, January 20, 2009, 06:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmsandw

rmsandw....short for my site "Roads of the Mid-South & West"
http://roads.billburmaster.com  Roads of the Mid-South & West
http://www.youtube.com/user/rmsandw YouTube Channel
http://www.billburmaster.com

John

I think mine is really self-explanatory...
They came, they went, they took my image...

Dougtone

My name is Doug and I'm a fan of the Mighty Mighty Bosstones.  I came up with this username around 1998, when the Bosstones were at the height of their popularity.  I figured it would be a good name for myself and others to identify me.  For a few years before then, I used the name "Icemutiny" as my Internet moniker.

Bryant5493

My first name is Bryant. The numbers are just random.  :-D :-D

Be well,

Bryant
Check out my YouTube page (http://youtube.com/Bryant5493). I have numerous road videos of Metro Atlanta and other areas in the Southeast.

I just signed up on photobucket -- here's my page (http://s594.photobucket.com/albums/tt24/Bryant5493).

Chris

My first name is Chris.

Advantage if you register on a forum quick, you don't need a nick like Chris12345111one...

Lyle

I just used my first name, Lyle. I was considering using "Gizmo," the name of a cat that I used to have, but I decided to use my real name.

aswnl

aswnl:
asw=AutoSnelWegen; nl=.nl
So just the abbreviation of my sitename.

tankerdave

tankerdave:

Tanker is a nod to my job in the military (MOS 19K M1A1 Armor Crewman)

Dave is, well, my first name.  First created the name for a new email address about 3 years ago.  Half the guys in my unit called me tankerdave as a joke when they found out my email, lol.  Some still do.

Tarkus

Emerson, Lake and Palmer is one of my favorite bands, and Tarkus is the name of their second album, released in 1971 (before my time :spin:), as well as the 20-minute long title-track and the armadillo that adorns the cover, as depicted in my avatar.

It's been my username on most sites since about 2006 or so, though when it's taken, I usually go for Aquatarkus.

-Alex (Tarkus)

PAHighways

The URL of my website.

ctsignguy

Ctsignguy...a guy who is very interested in Connecticut signs (and collects them too!....told my SO i was going to stop once i had 'a hundred thousand of each and every kind of sign (that Connecticut put up!)'

Mine started off as a Livejournal handle for my hobby journal that morphed into my eBay handle (to prevent confusion when bidding on signs....Jake, Mike, and myself have a small cooperative where we scour for signs for each other and this system has worked well for a couple of years)
http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u102/ctsignguy/<br /><br />Maintaining an interest in Fine Highway Signs since 1958....

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: Tarkus on January 29, 2009, 08:40:58 PM
Emerson, Lake and Palmer is one of my favorite bands, and Tarkus is the name of their second album, released in 1971 (before my time :spin:), as well as the 20-minute long title-track and the armadillo that adorns the cover, as depicted in my avatar.

It's been my username on most sites since about 2006 or so, though when it's taken, I usually go for Aquatarkus.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Aw, I love ELP too. They're one of my favorites (along with their fellow prog rock contemporary Yes)

Anyway, my name is kind of non-descript as well. I was 14 I think, and that was when I became obsessed with roads. I had a stupid IM name at the time (forgot what it was) so I made a new one. It reflected me liking highways, roads, and signs. I tacked on the 394 because it's my favorite Twin Cities highway.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

DrZoidberg

Mine is pretty self explanatory.  I really liked Dr. Zoidberg on Futurama, and I felt "Bender Bending Rodriguez" was too long a name.
"By the way...I took the liberty of fertilizing your caviar."

corco

Corco is an abbreviation of my last name that I acquired in 1999 when AOL suggested I use the screen name Corco16446. I've dropped the 16446 but have become well known on the interwebs as Corco. I haven't used AOL in 7 years.

Zezug

This screen name is entirely thanks to someone mispelling my last name in the school office a few years ago. And since then, I've used it pretty extensively online in games and on websites.

yanksfan6129

yanksfan because I am a fan of the New York Yankees, 6129 is the first for numbers of my birth date, June 12, 199x

Truvelo

Mine is the name of a type of speed camera.
Speed limits limit life

exit322

I needed an email address when my family first got internet (late 1997), and so I threw a tiddly wink onto a map set from the top of a stairwell and it landed on I-75, Exit 322 in Michigan.

Voila.

Southern Illinois SKYWARN

Southern Illinois= Where I live; SKYWARN= NWS spotter organization

Alps

Of course, my website is Alps' Roads.  The ROADS part (all caps) comes from a time when many of us would shout "ROADS!" "SIGNS!" etc.  The Alps refers to my last name, which became my nickname.  When I first decided that my website should have a name to it, way back when I was a student, I was tossing around ideas and starting thinking, where do I know anything with an Alp in it.  And then it struck me.

NJTurnpike

My username comes from me living in New York, but my interest in Philly teams.  I plan on moving to Philly sometime.
THRU TRAFFIC<br />NEXT EXIT 10 MILES

Voyager

Wouldn't it be NY then?
Back From The Dead | AARoads Forum Original

NJTurnpike

The NJ Turnpike is the easiest way to get from New York to Philly.
THRU TRAFFIC<br />NEXT EXIT 10 MILES

Marc

Technically, my username is KatyFreeway, which comes from the name given to Interstate 10 on the west side of Houston. For now, I have my display name as my real first name.

BigMattFromTexas

BigMatt
Well im 13 and almost 6-foot tall
and my name is Matthew

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.