News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Bridge / Tunnel Message Icons / Smileys?

Started by In_Correct, July 26, 2019, 06:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Message Icons? Smileys?

Regular Bridge
2 (33.3%)
Small Truss Bridge
0 (0%)
Large Truss Bridge
1 (16.7%)
Arch Bridge
0 (0%)
Cantilever Bridge
1 (16.7%)
Cable Stayed Bridge
0 (0%)
Suspension Bridge
4 (66.7%)
Tunnel
4 (66.7%)
Other Type Of Passage.
0 (0%)
I Am Afraid Of Passages.
0 (0%)
This Would Be Good For Message Icons.
2 (33.3%)
This Would Be Good For Smileys.
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

In_Correct

I like to use Message Icons (and polls) when I create discussions. When I reply to discussions, I also use Message Icons.

I recently participated in a discussion about a Bridge Project and there are no Message Icons for Bridges.

Any bridge enthusiast might love to see Message Icons for Bridges and Tunnels. Whatever the purpose of it, a bridge over a road, body of water, rail corridor, or mountain would be nice for the discussions to have Message Icons for Bridges and Tunnels.

The shape of the Bridge could be what ever bridge every body loves or at least looks best in a Message Icon. I prefer Large Truss, Cantilever, and Arch bridges. Most people would probably want to have Suspension Bridges especially since there are some very famous Suspension Bridges.

Whatever the winning shape, it has to look good in a small Message Icon.

But they could look slightly larger in the Smileys. For Example:

:bigass:

is very large, much larger than a Message Icon.

Included in the poll is every option can be selected be cause there are many varieties.

Also I am wondering if they can be included in Message Icons, Smileys, Both, or Neither.
Drive Safely. :sombrero: Ride Safely. And Build More Roads, Rails, And Bridges. :coffee: ... Boulevards Wear Faster Than Interstates.

adventurernumber1

I am very intrigued by this idea. I absolutely love using message icons in my posts (such as using an Interstate shield in a post or OP to a thread strictly dealing with interstates, for example), as well as smileys/emoticons, to facilitate coherently expressing my emotions and intentions. I support both ideas (bridge/tunnel icons for both message icons and smileys), but I feel that it is even more useful for the message icons than as a smiley/emoticon. If one bridge message icon were to be added, I casted my vote for it being the design of a suspension bridge. I love all the bridge types very much, but I personally envisioned the suspension bridge type as looking the most fitting for a message icon on here. I also support the addition of a tunnel icon as well. This would indeed be pretty cool if it was added, and I support the idea.  :nod:
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

rickmastfan67

Are you going to commission somebody to make the icons?  Creating something new and unique costs money 99/100 times, and sometimes they don't come cheap.

Most of the Smileys we currently have came by default with the forum, and the others were freebies that have been posted on the net.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.