News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Buffalo's Kensington Expy Increases Speed Limit

Started by burgess87, November 17, 2010, 12:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burgess87

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/communities/buffalo/article256104.ece

Quote from: Buffalo News ArticleBeginning Thursday, the official speed limit will increase to 55 mph -- up from 50. The expressway, also known as Route 33, runs between Genesee Street in Cheektowaga and the Elm-Oak arterials in downtown Buffalo.

A study undertaken this past summer by the state Department of Transportation determined that an overwhelming majority of motorists were traveling at higher-than-posted speeds anyway, according to Susan Surdej, a DOT spokeswoman.

Now I'll feel comfortable about doing 60 on the Kensington - currently, I have to do 60 just to keep up with the flow of traffic.

Quillz

Does NYS actually differentiate between expressway and freeway, like some other states do? I've looked at NYS 33 on a map before and it looks very much like a typical freeway.

froggie

QuoteDoes NYS actually differentiate between expressway and freeway

In engineering-speak, yes.  In common/public parlance, no.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.