News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

GSP shield with NJHA writing on back [first post ~ Hi!]

Started by chesko, December 02, 2010, 01:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chesko

Hello all,

This is my first post here.  I'd like ot kick off with a question about a GSP shield I acquired a few years ago.  
It is 18" diameter, and has a dark green reflective finish. Written on the back in black grease pencil is the following text:

"Assist by: D. Louis Tonti
Exec Director
NJ Highway Auth.

NJ State Hiway Auth
Woodbridge, NJ 9/13/62

Request to Chas Fromherz
Attn April's office"

I wonder what the writing is about. Could this sign have been a prototype of some sort? It has two mounting holes, and appears to have been mounted on a post at some point.

These are the pictures I took with my lousy cell phone.  The good camera is temporarily out of service.  I did have better snaps a while ago, but left the files on a kaput hard drive.

Alps

chesko

Quote from: AlpsROADS on December 02, 2010, 07:35:50 PM
Political favor, I'd say.

Hmmm, I dunno.  What kind of favor comes with a GSP shield?  I wish I could remember whom I got this from so I could ask what they know of its history.  They had a LOT of signs from around the country, so I doubt they had any details on this particular one.  It is an interesting quirk though!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.