News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

NY/PA - Pond Eddy Bridge limited to 4 tons

Started by Dougtone, December 21, 2010, 04:56:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougtone

Following a program of regular bridge inspection, PennDOT has determined that it will downpost the Pond Eddy Bridge spanning the Delaware River between Pike County, Pennsylvania and Sullivan County, New York, to four tons from seven tons due to deterioration. 

Read the full news article (and see my accompanying photo) at...
http://www.neagle.com/features/x1882973048/Pond-Eddy-Bridge-limited-to-4-tons

Alps

Note to those curious: Best way to clinch this bridge is by flying over it without touching the structure.

Roadgeek Adam

Quote from: Dougtone on December 21, 2010, 04:56:21 AM
Following a program of regular bridge inspection, PennDOT has determined that it will downpost the Pond Eddy Bridge spanning the Delaware River between Pike County, Pennsylvania and Sullivan County, New York, to four tons from seven tons due to deterioration. 

Read the full news article (and see my accompanying photo) at...
http://www.neagle.com/features/x1882973048/Pond-Eddy-Bridge-limited-to-4-tons

Plans are to go back to 7 tons when the 70 planks are replaced. ;)

I've clinched the bridge in 2 forms of transportation, foot and car, and considering its slated to be replaced by the Pennsylvania Department of Ineptitude, I can't see it starting in 2013 like planned. Even the news article mentions that problem.
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

hbelkins

Quote from: AlpsROADS on December 21, 2010, 10:42:12 PM
Note to those curious: Best way to clinch this bridge is by flying over it without touching the structure.

I don't know. I've driven across scarier bridges.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

agentsteel53

how close to street level do you have to buzz a bridge in order to count as clinching??  I'd assume, at the very highest, between the deck and the superstructure.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Roadgeek Adam

Quote from: hbelkins on December 22, 2010, 11:16:29 AM

I don't know. I've driven across scarier bridges.
If you remember, we took the group photo from the upper delaware valley meet on the Pond Eddy near the NY/PA border.
Adam Seth Moss

PAHighways

Roadgeek Adam

Adam Seth Moss

Alps

Rob Adams

I remember taking that group shot on there, and walking it.  It didn't seem that scary.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.