News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Monroe, MI to Gatlinburg, TN

Started by mattm16, June 03, 2016, 05:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattm16

We are going on vacation to Gatlinburg.  We plan on taking 75 all the way to Knoxville.  How is the construction in Ohio?  Should we take a different route?  Is there a different route we can take home?  Thanks.

US 41

Taking I-75 would be the best way to go. Your only other "reasonable" option would be to take US 23 from Findlay, OH down to Kingsport, TN.

According to Google Maps (Monroe - Gatlinburg) the I-75 route will take around 8 hours while the US 23 option I came up with would take just slightly 2 hours longer.
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

hbelkins

Scenic option -- Take Exit 29 in Kentucky for US 25E south, follow it through the Cumberland Gap Tunnel to I-81 at Morristown, Tenn., then south to I-40. From there you can either take I-40 west to Exit 407 (TN 66) or I-40 east to US 321 and follow it to Gatlinburg.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

westerninterloper

Quote from: mattm16 on June 03, 2016, 05:33:51 PM
We are going on vacation to Gatlinburg.  We plan on taking 75 all the way to Knoxville.  How is the construction in Ohio?  Should we take a different route?  Is there a different route we can take home?  Thanks.

I don't know about the Dayton-Cincy area, but the worst of the construction on I-75 in Ohio is in the Toledo area. There is a short detour on NB 75 where it intersects with I-280 just south of the MI state line, but otherwise, the construction zones aren't too bad outside of rush hour in Toledo. The rest of the trip south should be smooth.
Nostalgia: Indiana's State Religion

hbelkins

There's a pavement rehab project getting underway on the concurrent portion of I-71/I-75 in northern Kentucky in the vicinity of the I-275 interchange. Updates will be posted on KYTC District 6's Facebook page.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.