News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Who can't wait until April 2nd to knock this stupid shit off?

Started by jeffandnicole, April 01, 2019, 10:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Select all that apply.

Me
Me Again.

SectorZ

Quote from: roadman on April 03, 2019, 01:36:18 PM
On March 31st, 2011, my former boss left for lunch and didn't return.  As he occasionally took afternoons off, this didn't raise any red flags with anybody.  The next morning, we got an e-mail from him in which he stated he had retired.  Because it was April 1st, and because of how he phrased his e-mail, it took a while for it to sink in that his e-mail wasn't an April Fools joke and that he had indeed retired.

In 2002, my entire dept. was being laid off. Though we worked until August, we were made aware of the layoff on 4/2. The HR dept. was writing up all the layoff paperwork on 4/1 and actually deferred telling us by a day due to April Fools.

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Verlanka

Quote from: kphoger on April 04, 2019, 03:40:14 PM
April 2nd is a long way off...

Since this is the 5th, it would be almost a year before it comes around again.

hbelkins

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

kphoger

Quote from: Verlanka on April 05, 2019, 10:19:23 AM

Quote from: kphoger on April 04, 2019, 03:40:14 PM
April 2nd is a long way off...

Since this is the 5th, it would be almost a year before it comes around again.

Figured that out, huh?
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Verlanka

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.