News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

2021 Quad Cities Road Meet

Started by Brandon, March 07, 2021, 03:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Best Days for the Quad Cities Road Meet?

Saturday, May 29, 2021 (Memorial Day Weekend)
6 (37.5%)
Saturday, June 5, 2021
11 (68.8%)
Saturday, June 12, 2021
10 (62.5%)
Saturday, June 19. 2021
10 (62.5%)
Saturday, June 26, 2021
6 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: April 30, 2021, 01:42:38 AM

Brandon

The 2021 Quad Cities Road Meet.  Davenport and Bettendorf, Iowa; and Rock Island and Moline, Illinois.

We will start and meet for lunch at Credit Island Park in Davenport (BYOL).  Then, we will see the Centennial Bridge, Government Bridge, New and Old I-74 Bridges, the I-80 Bridge, and the Big X Interchange.  Along the way will be the end of I-88, an older US-67 bridge across the Rock River, the Centennial Expressway, and the I-280 Bridge with a stop at the Iowa 80 Truck Stop.

Please make your vote(s), and like in Chicago, vote early, and vote often.  ;-)
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

A.J. Bertin

I'm excited about this one!  I voted for June 19 and 26.
-A.J. from Michigan

TheHighwayMan3561

I voted for the first two, but I really have no preference and will likely attend on any date. Just a heads up though, Laura was also strongly considering 6/26 for her possible western MD meet.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

signalman

I voted for the 12th, 19th and 26th. I'm partial to late June because daylight is at its maximum, however, any weekend would likely work for me. I plan to incorporate the meet into a larger route/county clinching trip, so maximum daylight is important to me. Although to be fair, that aspect isn't a huge impact - a few minutes isn't going to make much of a difference. Although Memorial Day weekend would be my last choice due to increased traffic and likely more expensive lodging.

Due to various circumstances beyond my control I haven't been able to make it out to the Great Lakes region for a meet the last few summers. That being said, I'd like to make this one a priority.

CtrlAltDel

It's not on the list, but I would prefer early August.
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

getemngo

Hi! I don't think I've so much as visited any online roadgeek spaces since Morris County last year, but I'm still alive and I'll do what I can to make it to this regardless of weekend. :nod: Just need about 3 weeks' notice since I'm currently working Saturdays.
~ Sam from Michigan

A.J. Bertin

I ended up changing my vote because I realized I might have a conflict on June 26.  I removed my vote for June 26 and replaced it with June 5.  So right now, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for either June 5 or June 19.
-A.J. from Michigan

jpi

I submitted my vote, very interested in this one
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

getemngo

Looks like I'm attending a wedding on 6/25 if restrictions on gatherings allow for it, so I voted for every date but that one.
~ Sam from Michigan

Highway63

I already have the 19th off because I had to book the LHA convention week (before the convention was canceled), so that is by far the best option for me.

Brandon

We have three dates in a tie, but I'm going with June 19th based on what I'm reading.  I'll have the meet announcement here and on Facebook soon.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

SSOWorld

Dammit, I hate ties, they never are straight, I always have to start over.

;)
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

A.J. Bertin

My time off from work has been approved, and I booked a hotel room in Davenport for the Friday and Saturday nights of the weekend for this meet.  I'm excited!
-A.J. from Michigan

SSOWorld

Be careful of COVID Hotspots.

Oh who am I kidding? we're all gonna be vaccinated by that time! 🤣😂
Scott O.

Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
Raise your what?

TheHighwayMan3561

Crud, I just clinched all the interstates in the Quad Cities last weekend. You're lucky I like you guys enough not to care.  :-D

(as in, I will be attending)
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Can I change my vote to June 5th?
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Alps

Highway63

PLEASE do not change it to June 5. I will not be able to attend if that happens.

Brandon

Quote from: Highway63 on April 21, 2021, 11:26:04 PM
PLEASE do not change it to June 5. I will not be able to attend if that happens.

I'm not changing it to June 5.  The original poll ended with a tie and the 19th won by comments.  The poll should never have been reopened.

SSOWorld

Quote from: Brandon on April 22, 2021, 04:49:53 AM

I'm not changing it to June 5.  The original poll ended with a tie and the 19th won by comments.  The poll should never have been reopened.
Poll Relocked.
Scott O.

Raise your what?

dvferyance

Anything but Memorial Day Weekend is fine with me.

signalman

I assumed Steve opened it in jest; especially considering that he reopened it after Brandon announced his decision for June 19.

Alps

Quote from: signalman on April 22, 2021, 03:30:37 PM

I assumed Steve opened it in jest; especially considering that he reopened it after Brandon announced his decision for June 19.
No, I didn't realize a final date was already picked.

signalman

Quote from: Alps on April 22, 2021, 06:27:12 PM
Quote from: signalman on April 22, 2021, 03:30:37 PM
No, I didn't realize a final date was already picked.
Oh. Well, in that case I'm grateful that Brandon had no intention of changing the date. I had already submitted my vacation request and was approved for time off. I'm currently working out my itineary for the drive home from said meet.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

COVID required it being reopened.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.