News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

International border hopping (state) routes

Started by Bickendan, March 22, 2021, 01:59:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bickendan

National tier routes can be included, but I'm looking for state/provincial/territorial level routes that cross an International border and back into its home country, akin to MN 23 in Wisconsin, BC 97 and YT 1 in Yukon and BC respectively, NT 5 in Alberta, etc.

My submission: WB 12 in India, with Nepal.
Google, Mapquest, and RMN all agree WB 12 crossed from West Bengal into Nepal and back at least once. OSM shows it doing so three or four times, including an intersection with Nepal F38 on the Nepalese side.
Bing, otoh, doesn't show any crossing.

hotdogPi

Is Baarle-Nassau and Baarle-Hertog cheating?

(edited to fix typo)
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

Bickendan

Strictly speaking yes, as the route changes its respective number with each crossing.
But it's still an amazing example.

vdeane

Does this road in Estonia and Russia count?  Google shows it with the number 178 and OSM shows the number 18178.
https://www.google.com/maps/@57.9058086,27.7285236,13.25z
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Bickendan

Ooh, that's close to the spirit, though I'd almost think that's a sanctioned MSR route as Google shows a shield color swap. It does get points for doing crossing into Russia twice, according to OSM (only once in Google).

So far: West Bengal 12, India into Nepal
Estonia 178, into Russia; possibly sanctioned by Russia with a matching corresponding route number

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.