News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Nashua NH

Started by Mergingtraffic, July 05, 2017, 04:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mergingtraffic

Doing an impromptu road trip to NH, any button copy or old shields?
I only take pics of good looking signs. Long live non-reflective button copy!
MergingTraffic https://www.flickr.com/photos/98731835@N05/

Ian

Across the river from Nashua in Hudson, there are a few cool old button copy signs right in the center of town. These pictures were taken by me in November 2015 though, so I'm not sure if they're still there. The first few photos are along NH 3A (Central Street) where it turns onto Chase Street.

About a block north of the above photos we have these signs at the intersection with NH 102 (Derry Road) and NH 111 (Ferry Street). The bottom two photos are closeups of the signs in the background of the first photo below. Love the tiny button copy and the arrows in the shields!

Driving west from there along Ferry Street (NH 102/111) back to the other side of the river in Nashua, you come to a split where Bridge Street begins going straight, and 102/111 veer left and transitions to East Hollis Street. There you will see these button copy overheads...

Lastly in Nashua, there's this old Everett Turnpike shield along NH 101A (Amherst Street) heading west approaching the NH 130 (Broad Street) intersection. I don't know exactly how old it is, but it's an outdated style. I'm not sure why the 101A shield is on the small LGS-style sign.

UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

Mergingtraffic

Wow! Exactly what I'm looking for.  I have never Road geeked in NH before. Thanks
I only take pics of good looking signs. Long live non-reflective button copy!
MergingTraffic https://www.flickr.com/photos/98731835@N05/

formulanone

I found this one in December 2013:

I Missed all the good stuff above, though. (Snow and early sunsets in December...who knew?)

Ian

I had no idea that Pike Street sign existed! I would've stopped to see it a long time ago as I used to travel up the Everett Turnpike every summer up until a few years ago. It's still there according to the October 2015 street-view.
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.