News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Anyone Ever Take a Moving Truck On I-68?

Started by MASTERNC, June 14, 2019, 10:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MASTERNC

I'm moving furniture in a 16' Penske truck from Pittsburgh to DC next week.  Normally, I'd take I-68 over the Turnpike but I know the hills on 68 are much steeper than the Turnpike (plus the long downgrade into Cumberland), which would burn more gas.  I'm not sure if that difference in gas would offset Turnpike tolls though (last time I took the Turnpike in this size truck, I was charged the car E-ZPass rates, even with the appropriate transponder).  Any thoughts from experience?

allniter89

I drove an18 wheeler b4 I retired. I preferred PA Tpk bc of hills on 68 but I was very heavy like 78k. Better scenery on 68 but I think the tpk would give u easier access to Pburgh.
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

MASTERNC

Quote from: allniter89 on June 15, 2019, 01:04:25 AM
I drove an18 wheeler b4 I retired. I preferred PA Tpk bc of hills on 68 but I was very heavy like 78k. Better scenery on 68 but I think the tpk would give u easier access to Pburgh.

I'm starting south of the city so access isn't a big issue. Would be going I-70 to New Stanton if using the Turnpike

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.