News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

I-5 between Centralia and Chehalis

Started by mcarling, May 17, 2016, 02:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcarling

I-5 between Centralia and Chehalis is still 2x2 though a short stretch just north of Centralia is now being widened to 2x3.  It is my understanding that WADOT intend to eventually widen all of I-5 between Seattle and Vancouver, WA to at least 2x3.  I haven't looked at AADT data but, from driving many times between Seattle and Vancouver, it seems to me that the most congested 2x2 stretch is that between Centralia and Chehalis.  Are there any plans to widen this section any time soon?
US 97 should be 2x2 all the way from Yakima, WA to Klamath Falls, OR.

jakeroot

Judging by the width of the underpass in the bottom left of this photo (from WSDOT), I would guess that long-range plans certainly include three-laning down to the where the last 2x2 stretch ends, which is just east of Olequa.

But, as of 2016, WSDOT's required six-year plan doesn't include any "add lane" projects in Lewis or Cowlitz counties: http://goo.gl/ZB7IEl -- But that could change next year.

dvferyance

I wish they would address the flooding problems this area is famous for.

nexus73

Quote from: dvferyance on June 17, 2016, 09:48:30 PM
I wish they would address the flooding problems this area is famous for.

Bingo.

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

mcarling

The recent widening of I-5 north of and into Centralia seems to have resulted in the road being several inches higher than it had been.  I don't know whether or not there was any settling since it was originally built.  Perhaps the road will slowly rise a bit each time it is repaved.
US 97 should be 2x2 all the way from Yakima, WA to Klamath Falls, OR.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.