News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Mysterious sign seen on Hank's Truck Pictures

Started by D-Dey65, October 15, 2010, 02:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D-Dey65

I thought about asking this question of one of the photographers who posted this image on "Hank's Truck Pictures, but I thought that I'd try it here instead:

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/dfaust/2008/06-27/img_0645.jpg

I see a few signs after the merge sign there. What are they?

mightyace

From what little I can see in the image, they look like the truck rollover warning sign.  The other clue to me is the sharpness of the turn ahead.
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

myosh_tino

The second warning sign looks like a curve-ahead warning sign with an advisory speed limit.  The first warning sign is too fuzzy for me.
Quote from: golden eagle
If I owned a dam and decided to donate it to charity, would I be giving a dam? I'm sure that might be a first because no one really gives a dam.

Bickendan

I'd venture it's a truck roll-over advisory/warning sign, given by the freeway's curves and the curve-ahead warning sign.

Do you know where this shot is?

agentsteel53

odd thing is, the truck (or whatever that big blob is) looks to be perfectly level.  On a rollover warning sign, the truck is at quite the exaggerated angle of failure.

email David Faust and seeing if he has the higher-resolution original.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

J N Winkler

That slope is tall enough and steep enough to generate some significant katabatic winds--I suspect the off-in-the-distance sign warns truckers specifically of gusts.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

Alps

It has two pink flags on the sign, which usually indicates it's either a temporary or a new condition.  It can also be used in case of a sudden warning of something that hasn't been experienced to that point.  I do see the large blockish truck outline, but if anything, it's tilted to the right.  I've never seen a graphical wind gust sign that looks remotely like that, so I doubt it's that, but I'd also agree it doesn't seem like trucks tipping.  Could it be for rocks falling?  If it were another country, I'd suggest a tunnel sign.

Scott5114

From other pictures I've seen, that looks a lot like it could be EB I-70 west of Denver, coming down out of the Rockies.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

froggie

A little digging on the website shows this to be the Rye Valley, OR exit (Exit 340) on I-84, and specifically looking westbound.

GMSV isn't very helpful, but the first sign does appear to be ODOT's version of W1-13 (the truck rollover sign).  Can't tell what the advisory sign says.

Second sign is definitely a curve sign, with a 55 MPH advisory speed.

Bickendan

The rectangular orange sign before the merge advisory? That'd be ODOT's "End Road Work" sign.

Alex

One appears to be just a truck advisory sign. The following image looks at the sign posted along eastbound Interstate 84 after Exit 330:

The rectangular sign is a speed-advisory sign. Several of these are posted along that stretch of Interstate 84, including this eastbound assembly after Exit 335.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.