News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Washington Spur Routes

Started by Quillz, October 25, 2010, 05:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bickendan

^Technically, if that McMinnville spur is what I think it is, it's OR 18S, though it's not signed in the field.
It's hard to tell on GMSV, but it looks like that OR 104S near Warrenton's signed.

Kacie Jane

Quote from: sp_redelectric on August 08, 2012, 09:15:30 PM
Quote from: xonhulu on August 08, 2012, 02:51:36 PMAre there any other Washington state routes with both a SPUR and BUS route?  Or for that matter, any state route with more than one different bannered routes?

SR 20 used to have a business loop; it was renumbered to SR 215 (and for a short while, also US 97 Business, not sure why, but apparently WSDOT figured out a dual route designation didn't make sense either).

I drove that route three summers ago, and IIRC, it's posted as US 97 Business as often -- if not moreso -- as it is 215.  There are also for sure a small handful of SR 20 Business shields (I believe it's signed as all three on US 97 at the northern end).  In short, it's one of the most inconsistently signed highways I've ever seen.

xonhulu

Quote from: Bickendan on August 09, 2012, 05:01:57 AM
^Technically, if that McMinnville spur is what I think it is, it's OR 18S, though it's not signed in the field.
It's hard to tell on GMSV, but it looks like that OR 104S near Warrenton's signed.

It was briefly signed:

I believe I took that picture in 2007, but I'm not sure.  Anyway, that shield was only up a short time; it was gone the next time I visited Astoria a year later.  The last time I was there this spring, OR 104S was still unsigned.  So if a 104S shield has gone up, it's pretty recent.

Quillz

I just came from Astoria a couple days ago and I recall seeing a number of 104 shields.

xonhulu

Quote from: Quillz on August 12, 2012, 03:46:43 PM
I just came from Astoria a couple days ago and I recall seeing a number of 104 shields.

No question, OR 104 is very well-signed, but the question was about 104 SPUR.  Did you see any signs for it?  It's a short connector between 104 and 101, and heads north off 101 just opposite where they sign BUS 101 branching off south for northbound 101 traffic.  (For southbound 101, they direct you to BUS 101 from the previous intersection.)

Quillz

I recall seeing several 104 shields as I hit that roundabout. But I don't remember them saying "SPUR" or not, so my guess is that it probably is still unsigned.

sp_redelectric

Quote from: Kacie Jane on August 11, 2012, 01:01:50 AMI drove that route three summers ago, and IIRC, it's posted as US 97 Business as often -- if not moreso -- as it is 215.  There are also for sure a small handful of SR 20 Business shields (I believe it's signed as all three on US 97 at the northern end).  In short, it's one of the most inconsistently signed highways I've ever seen.

That's got to be confusing.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.