News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Tolling SR 520

Started by Dougtone, December 07, 2011, 10:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougtone

WSDOT announces that they will be tolling the WA 520 bridge as of December 29th, urging travelers to sign up for a "Good to Go!" account.  The best I can surmise is that Good to Go is like E-ZPass here in the Northeast, but the transponders are much, much slimmer.

Photos and press release found via the link below.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wsdot/sets/72157628326401769/

rschen7754

Yes, that is correct. It's also used on WA SR 16 on the Tacoma Narrows Bridge too.

myosh_tino

Quote from: rschen7754 on December 24, 2011, 05:09:32 PM
Yes, that is correct. It's also used on WA SR 16 on the Tacoma Narrows Bridge too.
I believe the Good to Go system is also used on the WA-167 HOT lanes.  As far as I know, Good to Go works only in Washington (like how FasTrak only works in California).
Quote from: golden eagle
If I owned a dam and decided to donate it to charity, would I be giving a dam? I'm sure that might be a first because no one really gives a dam.

Kacie Jane

Quote from: myosh_tino on December 24, 2011, 09:31:55 PM
Quote from: rschen7754 on December 24, 2011, 05:09:32 PM
I believe the Good to Go system is also used on the WA-167 HOT lanes.  As far as I know, Good to Go works only in Washington (like how FasTrak only works in California).

Correct on both counts.  I got one essentially just for kicks as I'm about 100 miles from the nearest toll, but I've used it once on the Narrows Bridge and a couple of times on 167.  (Anytime I've been on 167 recently though, I've had my wife in the car with me.)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.