News:

why is this up in the corner now

Main Menu

Missouri

Started by Revive 755, April 22, 2009, 12:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plutonic Panda

Quote from: kernals12 on May 20, 2024, 07:35:03 PMMissouri really needs to clamp down on outdoor advertising. I-70 is just one billboard after another.
There is a few spots on I 40 in New Mexico that are just littered with billboards. I'm talking one every 7 to 800 feet. The worst area is Cline's corner.

Rothman

Quote from: kernals12 on May 20, 2024, 07:35:03 PMMissouri really needs to clamp down on outdoor advertising. I-70 is just one billboard after another.

Pfft.  No.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Plutonic Panda

Quote from: Rothman on May 20, 2024, 08:16:57 PM

Pfft.  No.
Though I haven't been to Europe, One thing that stands out to me in particular along Europe's motorways of which they have a very vast system that seems to be equal to the United States' Is their rural freeways Seem to be surrounded by very picturesque land and scenery. I've noticed in a lot of the states there's abandoned houses, Buildings, And just straight up aesthetically unpleasing circumstances.

Rothman

Quote from: Plutonic Panda on May 20, 2024, 08:26:51 PM
Quote from: Rothman on May 20, 2024, 08:16:57 PM

Pfft.  No.
Though I haven't been to Europe, One thing that stands out to me in particular along Europe's motorways of which they have a very vast system that seems to be equal to the United States' Is their rural freeways Seem to be surrounded by very picturesque land and scenery. I've noticed in a lot of the states there's abandoned houses, Buildings, And just straight up aesthetically unpleasing circumstances.

Amazing what happens if your country has a halfway decent social safety net.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

mrose

Do they still have 1,000 billboards for Meramec Caverns on I-44?

My favorite one was when you passed the exit and there was another billboard that said "You Missed It!"

ozarkman417

Quote from: mrose on May 26, 2024, 04:41:13 PMDo they still have 1,000 billboards for Meramec Caverns on I-44?

My favorite one was when you passed the exit and there was another billboard that said "You Missed It!"

Yeah.. and in addition to them, I-44 now has more than enough billboards advertising the new Buc-ee's in Springfield.
On family road trips up to St Louis, we'd try to count how many Meramec Caverns billboards we could each spot. I think we counted around 80 (between SGF and STL)?

ozarkman417

Not sure if this sign will remain a unique piece or if I should expect to see more of these new welcome signs. Spotted on US 65 N near Ridgedale MO.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.