AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Author Topic: IDriveArkansas signage installed  (Read 3318 times)

M86

• Livin' the dream, in my dreams

• Last Login: August 09, 2023, 07:13:01 PM
IDriveArkansas signage installed
« on: November 18, 2013, 03:49:45 AM »

AHTD posted a huge sign on US 71 southbound, just to the south of the Missouri border proclaiming the IDriveArkansas website.  I wasn't able to get a picture of it, but the sign is as big, if not bigger, than the "Welcome to Arkansas" sign (which needs a refresh).

Now, they just need to do the Iteris/Safetravelusa 511 that is used by 10 other states.  Because a motorist typing in a web address into their smartphone is a hell of a lot more dangerous than a motorist calling 511.

NE2

• fuck

• Last Login: March 11, 2024, 12:16:05 AM
Re: IDriveArkansas signage installed
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 04:16:59 AM »

:bigass:
http://www.google.com/search?q=idrive+arkansas
Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. Sorry, we have no imagery here. Sorry, we have no imagery here. Sorry, we have no imagery here.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

US71

• Road Scholar , Master of Snark

• Mad man with a camera

• Last Login: April 06, 2023, 10:39:02 PM
    • The Road Less Taken
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 09:32:03 AM »

AHTD posted a huge sign on US 71 southbound, just to the south of the Missouri border proclaiming the IDriveArkansas website.  I wasn't able to get a picture of it, but the sign is as big, if not bigger, than the "Welcome to Arkansas" sign (which needs a refresh).

Now, they just need to do the Iteris/Safetravelusa 511 that is used by 10 other states.  Because a motorist typing in a web address into their smartphone is a hell of a lot more dangerous than a motorist calling 511.

I was just in Texarkana: I should have have taken a photo of it. :(

Arkansas doesn't even like *55. It on the maps, but there are NO signs.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

M86

• Livin' the dream, in my dreams

• Last Login: August 09, 2023, 07:13:01 PM
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 03:03:13 AM »

Funny, I was up in Joplin, and passed the multiple MoDOT dynamic messaging signs along I-44.  Low and behold, *55 for highway emergencies.  And, "Don't let friends drive drunk, MoDOT Cares", and something about putting children in a car seat, and something about remembering truckers (I went back and forth on I-44 in the Joplin area over a 48 hour period).

Why can't AHTD do this?  Not to mention the Amber Alert system... Or the Morgan Nick Amber Alert System here in Arkansas.

It's funny... SDDOT installed a bunch of these signs along I-29 & I-90, and they said if they post too many messages on the signs, the people will ignore it (this was after a winter storm, and SDDOT didn't post weather conditions). Quite the contrary.  I love reading the MoDOT signs.  And the reminders are just that.

US71

• Road Scholar , Master of Snark

• Mad man with a camera

• Last Login: April 06, 2023, 10:39:02 PM
    • The Road Less Taken
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 11:22:17 AM »

Funny, I was up in Joplin, and passed the multiple MoDOT dynamic messaging signs along I-44.  Low and behold, *55 for highway emergencies.  And, "Don't let friends drive drunk, MoDOT Cares", and something about putting children in a car seat, and something about remembering truckers (I went back and forth on I-44 in the Joplin area over a 48 hour period).

Why can't AHTD do this?  Not to mention the Amber Alert system... Or the Morgan Nick Amber Alert System here in Arkansas.

It's funny... SDDOT installed a bunch of these signs along I-29 & I-90, and they said if they post too many messages on the signs, the people will ignore it (this was after a winter storm, and SDDOT didn't post weather conditions). Quite the contrary.  I love reading the MoDOT signs.  And the reminders are just that.

I'm sure AHTD will claim not enough money/resources/interest.  I DID notice AR 549 has a couple Median mounted VMS's... probably for driving times.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.