Meta > Welcome!

New US Driving Record

(1/12) > >>

dclarkson62@outlook.com:
On Sunday 5 November 68-year-old Lord Clarkson and co-driver, Australian Carl Wallace, became the first people to drive in 20 US states in 24 hours (without air travel) covering 1,609 miles (2,588kms) in a rental Hyundai Santa Fe from Kittery (Maine) in the North-East United States through New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Missouri, Arkansas and Illinois to finish over the Cairo Ohio Bridge in Kentucky, arriving with 26 minutes to spare.
Their achievement broke the previous record of driving through 19 US states in a 24-hour period, without air travel, set in 2003 by the late & great Barry Stiefel, behind the wheel of a rental Mercury Grand Marquis. Sadly, Barry passed away in 2007.
To further prove they made the actual trips, Carl & Lord Clarkson used a Garmin 66 GPS log, a Garmin tandem dash cam and geo-tagged pictures & videos for the whole 1,600 mile trip as evidence of their feat.
The trip ended when the pair made it to the Cairo Ohio River Bridge the Illinois and Kentucky border, 23 hours and 34 minutes after the trip began.
Carl’s driving expertise ensured a smooth trip, incurring a single traffic infringement. The only scares were swerving round a large deer at 2am in Connecticut and, within 4 miles of the finish, an apparent high speed pursuit by three police cars, which turned out to be a false alarm.
The celebrations and presentations were a soberly quiet affair with a fewer than expected media presence. Television crews were not encouraged!
The only colour were the bright yellow commemorative T-shirts, which are still available whilst stocks last.
Carl was a late stand-in for racing driver Aaron Telitz, who was called-up at the eleventh hour for Aston Martin testing at Daytona Raceway.
This record will now be submitted, supported by comprehensive Garmin geo-tagged continuous Geotech photos in each state and a 2-way video of the whole journey to the Elite Records authority and The Guinness Book of Worl Records for verification.
This new record differs from the well-documented record of Aaron Frantz and Eric Hausman, who visited 23 US states in 23 hours and eight minutes in 2018, taking 3 flights.

Please contact:

(Lord) David Clarkson
(+61)405 970399

Rothman:
Do you smell it? That smell. A kind of smelly smell. The smelly smell that smells smelly.

LilianaUwU:

--- Quote from: Rothman on November 15, 2023, 06:46:30 AM ---Do you smell it? That smell. A kind of smelly smell. The smelly smell that smells smelly.

--- End quote ---
Love the smell of bot in the morning.

Max Rockatansky:
Lord?  The last “Lord” around here was a car horn enthusiast.

LilianaUwU:

--- Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 15, 2023, 07:51:38 AM ---Lord?  The last “Lord” around here was a car horn enthusiast.

--- End quote ---
I gotta admit, I've been honking my horn a lot whenever I play GTA V, mostly in return whenever the NPCs honk. I guess it's better for those lines of code to get honked at than to get the average GTA treatment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version