News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

MassDOT Releases 21st Century Transportation Plan

Started by bob7374, January 15, 2013, 11:02:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob7374

MassDOT has released its report on the state's transportation needs for the 21st century and how to pay for them. Two of the top high priority highway projects involve the I-93/I-95 interchanges both south and north of Boston (report includes 'photo' of what Canton interchange will look like). It also calls for a pilot program where state residents would pay a tax based on miles driven instead of a gas tax.

The report can be reached through the press release here:
http://transportation.blog.state.ma.us/blog/2013/01/massdot-releases-21st-century-transportation-plan.html

southshore720

Thanks for sharing Bob!  The flyover ramps for the I-93/I-95 Canton interchange look promising!  And it won't disrupt what's already been accomplished in the Add-A-Lane project.

MVHighways

Quote from: bob7374 on January 15, 2013, 11:02:27 AM
where state residents would pay a tax based on miles driven instead of a gas tax
The state of MA does ==NOT== need to know how many miles my relatives have driven! In fact I'll just have them take the shortest route to/from NH to boycott it. I'm already doing such things; my mom and I got a NH E-ZPass to replace my grandmother's MA unit.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.