News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

ARDOT shelves western north-south connector study

Started by Razorback19, January 09, 2022, 04:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikieTimT

Quote from: Plutonic Panda on June 03, 2023, 07:23:31 PM
This really should be a freeway.

Both the N-S Connector and US-412 will need to be within 20 years with the region's growth as I-49 all by itself cannot sustain the traffic growth the population growth will bring with it.  35 people a day move to the metro, so 1 6-8 lane interstate isn't sufficient for the N-S commuter traffic that also includes more out of state traffic with the completed BVB, and the Springdale Northern Bypass can't get built soon enough to give a decent E-W freeway through the region.

I'll be at both meetings this week as we're finally starting to see the light of day for progress in the road network around here.

The Ghostbuster

If the north-south connector is eventually built, would any of you utilize it if you were in the area?

intelati49

Quote from: The Ghostbuster on June 05, 2023, 12:08:54 PM
If the north-south connector is eventually built, would any of you utilize it if you were in the area?

It it went a little further south, I would absolutely try to use it.

As is, the area of interest is probably a net neutral on the average day (average traffic) vs taking I-49

MikieTimT

Quote from: intelati49 on June 05, 2023, 12:12:20 PM

It it went a little further south, I would absolutely try to use it.

As is, the area of interest is probably a net neutral on the average day (average traffic) vs taking I-49

As I live on the west side of Fayetteville right off the south end of Harmon Rd., I would absolutely take Harmon Rd. north, jog over the less than a mile of US-412, and take the N-S connector for all trips to Benton County, which I find myself driving to at least once a week, in order to avoid the horrifically congested Wedington Dr. intersection with I-49, and avoid I-49 altogether south of the BVB.  Same goes for trips to Missouri or Kansas using I-49.  I wind up using AR-112 in it's current state if I find myself having to use I-49 at a peak time.  6 lanes is already congested about 3-4 hours a day on I-49.

Wayward Memphian

It needs extended down to Prairie Grove/Farmington. The traffic on 62 between Farmington and Fayetteville is insane at certain times of day that redoing the I-49/US 62 interchange will not help.

intelati49

Quote from: Wayward Memphian on June 11, 2023, 04:05:25 PM

It needs extended down to Prairie Grove/Farmington. The traffic on 62 between Farmington and Fayetteville is insane at certain times of day that redoing the I-49/US 62 interchange will not help.
Or even a N-S highway that's in the same general area. I don't know if you'd need to reserve a five lane arterial ROW, just a two/3 lane might be able to handle the load

Tomahawkin

When will the 49/62 interchange be rebuilt? I lived out there 20 years ago and it should have been rebuilt then!

intelati49

Quote from: Tomahawkin on June 11, 2023, 04:20:06 PM
When will the 49/62 interchange be rebuilt? I lived out there 20 years ago and it should have been rebuilt then!
2024. Might "begin" this year...

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.