News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

I-11/US 93 - Boulder City Bypass

Started by roadfro, March 27, 2015, 11:59:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadfro

Since I can't split posts, copied a salient reply from a post that was moved to the other thread:

Quote from: cl94 on August 07, 2023, 11:46:40 PM
Quote from: The Ghostbuster on August 07, 2023, 12:36:50 PM
If the Business 93 designation is eventually decommissioned (due to 93 being truncated, or some other reason), would it be replaced by a Business 11 designation, or would NV 172 be extended westward? Given the history of highway redesignations in the Boulder City/Las Vegas area, I would expect the latter to happen.

It depends. Moreso on who maintains it than anything else. If 93 disappears from the area and NDOT maintains control, I'd assume it becomes an SR, potentially with BR 11 overlain on it. BR 11 is the most likely signed designation, if any exists, if it is downloaded to the county/city.

That being said, BR 93 is an oddity in Nevada because that is the only state-maintained business route without an underlying SR or FR. There is nothing preventing NDOT from designating it as IR 11B and calling it a day. It just has never been done before, and there isn't even precedent for a suffixed Interstate in Nevada. This is a slight difference from US 93B, which has some precedent in the form of US 93A, US 95A, US 395A, and the defunct US 40As.
Roadfro - AARoads Pacific Southwest moderator since 2010, Nevada roadgeek since 1983.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.