News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

RIP Charlotte Rae

Started by lepidopteran, August 06, 2018, 11:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lepidopteran

Actress Charlotte Rae, best known as Mrs. Garrett on Facts of Life, has passed away at the age of 92.
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/08/charlotte-rae-obit

Roadgeek connection?  Well, Ms. Rae played the part of Molly the mail lady on some early episodes of Sesame Street.  As such, I used to think of her whenever we passed the Molly Pitcher Service Plaza on the NJ Turnpike.  Of course, I also thought of the furry Muppet named Grover when passing the Grover Cleveland plaza in the other direction!

abefroman329

TBH I didn't know she was still alive.

Also, because fish gotta swim and birds gotta fly and this forum's members gotta be pedants, the character (and Ms. Rae's portrayal of her) originated on Diff'rent Strokes, where she played the Drummonds' housekeeper.

txstateends

I met her while working at a bookstore 25 years ago.  She came to the store's grand opening during a promotional tour for a children's book-on-tape she was the voice on.  Really nice and charming.  Very sad to hear of her passing.
\/ \/ click for a bigger image \/ \/

texaskdog

The first season of Facts of Life was great, and her performance on Car 54.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.