News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

OK Turnpike Speed Limits

Started by rte66man, July 27, 2020, 04:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phone_Harold

The Muskogee Turnpike northern section is now signed at 80.  I saw the signs on Big Rig Travels live feeds today.

rte66man

When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

sprjus4

Hopefully they will continue to increase "upgraded"  sections to 80 mph as they occur.

Scott5114

I suppose it's possible that there's some sort of legitimate speed study or something going on that makes some of these OK to get the bump and others not. Could be something like variations in 85th percentile speed, for instance.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

dchristy

Also, the signs are now up from Oklahoma City west and north on I-40 and I-35 officially raising the speed limit to 75.  I'm not sure about heading south and east.

rte66man

Quote from: dchristy on August 12, 2020, 09:18:55 PM
Also, the signs are now up from Oklahoma City west and north on I-40 and I-35 officially raising the speed limit to 75.  I'm not sure about heading south and east.

I35 south has been marked at 75. Drove it Monday.

-Yogi Berra

rte66man

Eastbound Turner just east of Kelleyville exit.

-Yogi Berra

adwerkema

I drove I-44 and the section between US-81 and the Norman Spur has been increased to 80 mph. Looks like the change occurred sometime between June and July of this year. Southwest of the US-81 exit, the speed limit decreases back to 75 mph.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.