News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

__________ is/are properly rated

Started by Max Rockatansky, May 10, 2022, 01:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XamotCGC

Roads clinched.
State Routes: Kentucky:  KY 208 KY 289 KY 555 KY 2154 KY 245 KY 1195

Takumi

Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Rothman

Quote from: Scott5114 on May 28, 2022, 10:31:34 PM
Homestyle country cooking is overrated.
Then what is it doing in this thread?
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Scott5114

Quote from: Rothman on May 28, 2022, 11:39:33 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on May 28, 2022, 10:31:34 PM
Homestyle country cooking is overrated.
Then what is it doing in this thread?

Ask HB.

Quote from: hbelkins on May 28, 2022, 09:01:49 PM
Cracker Barrel is excellent for homestyle country cooking
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

epzik8

Quote from: kurumi on May 10, 2022, 10:31:33 PM
Early Beatles was really poppy, though you could still see the songwriting talent there. And later Beatles... hard to believe "I am the Walrus", "Happiness is a Warm Gun", and "I Want You (She's so Heavy)" is from the same band as "I Wanna Hold Your Hand". They really bucked the trend as artists who got more interesting as time went on.

I thought this went without saying
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

kphoger

Quote from: vdeane on May 27, 2022, 08:11:34 PM
Food tastes are much more complicated than "this is better" and "this is worse".  Sometimes one craves a specific food, even if there is something considered better.  I like diner hamburgers, but I also like McDonald's.  The two aren't mutually exclusive.  They each offer a different experience.  Similarly, one can enjoy authentic Italian American food and still like Olive Garden.  They're two different experiences which aren't directly comparable, not merely a spectrum of "better" to "worse".

This.

Olive Garden is a reliably good place to get Italian-American food.  Is its food authentically Italian?  No, most of it isn't, but that isn't what I like Olive Garden for.  Are there local places that serve better Italian-American food?  Certainly, but nobody here is claiming Olive Garden is the best–just that it's reliably good.  The atmosphere is comfortable without being super-fancy, and atmosphere is part of the restaurant experience.  Their salad and breadsticks are good, which also contributes to people's opinion.

There are a couple of local Italian restaurants that my wife and I think are better than Olive Garden, but that doesn't keep us from appreciating Olive Garden for what it is.

Quote from: Rothman on May 28, 2022, 04:33:44 AM

Quote from: skluth on May 28, 2022, 12:19:53 AM
St Louis has a number of excellent Italian restaurants, including Tony's which back in the day was the only Michelin 3-star Italian restaurant in the US.

Michelin currently shows no starred restaurants in Saint Louis.  Tony's is just overpriced now?

As far as I know, it is impossible for Tony's to have received a Michelin 3-star rating.  This is because Michelin does not review restaurants in Saint Louis.  Furthermore, the restaurant's website mentions two specific awards, and Michelin is not one of them.  If |skluth| is claiming that Michelin ever reviewed Tony's at all–let alone giving them a 3-star rating–then let the burden of proof be on him.

For what it's worth, Tony's currently has a 4-diamond designation from AAA, along with three other Saint Louis restaurants.  (There are no AAA 5-diamond restaurants in Saint Louis.)
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

abefroman329

Quote from: Scott5114 on May 28, 2022, 10:31:34 PMHomestyle country cooking is overrated.
Disagree, but it's not like I live anywhere near a restaurant that serves it.

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

abefroman329

Quote from: Rothman on May 31, 2022, 10:37:10 PMOlive Garden is not reliably good.
It tastes about the same to me every time I eat there.  The only variable is whether the breadsticks are overcooked.

Rothman

Quote from: abefroman329 on June 03, 2022, 01:35:38 PM
Quote from: Rothman on May 31, 2022, 10:37:10 PMOlive Garden is not reliably good.
It tastes about the same to me every time I eat there.  The only variable is whether the breadsticks are overcooked.
That would be reliably ungood.

XamotCGC

Roads clinched.
State Routes: Kentucky:  KY 208 KY 289 KY 555 KY 2154 KY 245 KY 1195

kphoger

Quote from: XamotCGC on June 03, 2022, 02:06:44 PM
White Castle

That's a tricky one, when some people absolutely love it and some people absolutely hate it.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

formulanone

Quote from: kphoger on June 03, 2022, 02:16:18 PM
Quote from: XamotCGC on June 03, 2022, 02:06:44 PM
White Castle

That's a tricky one, when some people absolutely love it and some people absolutely hate it.

I missed the 2022-23 Edition of the Proper Ratings Book which states the exact position of White Castle.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.