News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

2015 Meets

Started by Laura, October 21, 2014, 10:30:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laura

Quote from: Roadgeek Adam on November 05, 2014, 04:34:08 PM
Quote from: Brandon on November 04, 2014, 09:07:11 AM
Quote from: SSOWorld on November 01, 2014, 06:36:17 PM
He's floating an idea for the new Lake Shore Drive area.  If Madison happens it will be likely in April.  I want to get some of the old relics before they go away due to the start of the Verona Rd SPUI construction.

I have a couple of ideas that I can fit in and around other people's meets.

1. SE Chicago/NW Indiana (including the new part of LSD).
2. South Bend/Elkhart.

If one or two are in the summer or fall and I get accepted to my grad school, count me as interested.

Ooh, where did you apply? And for what? (We were talking about this in Brooklyn, but I don't remember where you said)

Roadgeek Adam

Quote from: Laura on November 06, 2014, 10:53:01 PM
He's floating an idea for the new Lake Shore Drive area.  If Madison happens it will be likely in April.  I want to get some of the old relics before they go away due to the start of the Verona Rd SPUI construction.

2. South Bend/Elkhart.

If one or two are in the summer or fall and I get accepted to my grad school, count me as interested.

Ooh, where did you apply? And for what? (We were talking about this in Brooklyn, but I don't remember where you said)

Western Illinois University, Macomb, IL. Fall 2015 semester for History MA.
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

Laura

Quote from: Roadgeek Adam on November 07, 2014, 12:52:15 AM
Quote from: Laura on November 06, 2014, 10:53:01 PM

2. South Bend/Elkhart.

Western Illinois University, Macomb, IL. Fall 2015 semester for History MA.

Awesome. Good luck!

iPhone

pianocello

2. South Bend/Elkhart.

If either are in the summer, I get a job/internship in the Valpo area, and I use my car for that summer job/internship, I would be interested as well.
Davenport, IA -> Valparaiso, IN -> Ames, IA -> Orlando, FL -> Gainesville, FL -> Evansville, IN

codyg1985

While I was back home where I grew up this weekend, I thought about the possibility of doing a road meet focused around bridges around Walker County, AL. There are a lot of older bridges in the county, some of which have older superstructures. Some of them are closed, but we could still get to them fairly easy. We could also check out some I-22 stuff as well. There won't be any big projects in the area to check out.

Here is a list of the interesting bridges in the area. We would also check out Duncan Bridge, which is just outside of Walker County in Winston County.

If I did it, I would probably shoot for the summer to host it; maybe July-August timeframe. I would have course coordinate with other meets during that time.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: codyg1985 on November 16, 2014, 05:06:09 PM
While I was back home where I grew up this weekend, I thought about the possibility of doing a road meet focused around bridges around Walker County, AL. There are a lot of older bridges in the county, some of which have older superstructures. Some of them are closed, but we could still get to them fairly easy. We could also check out some I-22 stuff as well. There won't be any big projects in the area to check out.

Here is a list of the interesting bridges in the area. We would also check out Duncan Bridge, which is just outside of Walker County in Winston County.

If I did it, I would probably shoot for the summer to host it; maybe July-August timeframe. I would have course coordinate with other meets during that time.

I would definitely be interested in attending this if it works out schedule-wise.
-A.J. from Michigan

hbelkins

Dan Garnell has announced a Detroit area meet on Saturday, Jan. 3, but no details have been provided yet.

I'm 99.99 percent doubtful for that one.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

jpi

My schedule has changed to my dream schedule! I now have Fri, Sat and Sun off of work so in theory, I could got to any road meet within a 12 hour drive from middle TN, including this Detroit one but I doubt I will go since it is January and in Detroit.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

SSOWorld

Quote from: hbelkins on November 25, 2014, 02:15:44 PM
Dan Garnell has announced a Detroit area meet on Saturday, Jan. 3, but no details have been provided yet.

News to me - where was this announced???

EDIT: Oh - a Facebook group I never watched for a while :-D
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Takumi

I'd be interested in attending a Maryland meet, as long as my schedule allows. Also, hi everybody.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Roadgeek Adam

Quote from: SSOWorld on November 25, 2014, 04:07:22 PM
Quote from: hbelkins on November 25, 2014, 02:15:44 PM

News to me - where was this announced???

EDIT: Oh - a Facebook group I never watched for a while :-D

I am 50/50 on this. I am looking into a trip to nearby New Baltimore on January 1-4. This is reasonably well-located and dated.
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

corco

Quote from: Takumi on November 25, 2014, 07:58:36 PM
I'd be interested in attending a Maryland meet, as long as my schedule allows. Also, hi everybody.

Hi

cpzilliacus

Quote from: Laura on October 21, 2014, 10:30:58 AM
I'm looking to host a two-day Baltimore and Eastern Shore Maryland meet in either February or the beginning of March.

Obviously I will be glad to participate in that.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

74/171FAN

Quote from: cpzilliacus on November 29, 2014, 09:25:33 PM
Quote from: Laura on October 21, 2014, 10:30:58 AM
I'm looking to host a two-day Baltimore and Eastern Shore Maryland meet in either February or the beginning of March.

Obviously I will be glad to participate in that.

I would hope to sneak to that one.  My job life is too iffy to say anything definite for awhile.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

rschen7754

Anything on the West Coast?

SSOWorld

Quote from: rschen7754 on November 30, 2014, 02:12:03 PM
Got any ideas?  I know of none myself.  Closest one is Denver (see separate entry)
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Alps

I mentioned the Tappan Zee meet earlier. Now I'm thinking of a Cape May mini-meet, mostly to see progress on Parkway Ints. 9-11. I want to get down there in April or so, before the NB side opens (SB already opened), but not conflicting with Madison. Besides the NJ 162 bridge and the North/South Jersey divide, I'm open for things to see. Since it's a mini-meet, I'll probably just play it by ear beyond that.

Alps

Quote from: SSOWorld on November 30, 2014, 02:19:12 PM
Quote from: rschen7754 on November 30, 2014, 02:12:03 PM
Got any ideas?  I know of none myself.  Closest one is Denver (see separate entry)
California usually does a "meet" every year or two, though it's more of a lunch/dinner meetup than roads exploration (or at least has been over the years). Seattle just happened.

bossjock77

If my poor car can get me to the MD meets... I will gladly attend.

Alps

Quote from: bossjock77 on December 15, 2014, 10:06:02 PM
If my poor car can get me to the MD meets... I will gladly attend.
If I can justify a detour via Hagerstown, I will.

TheHighwayMan3561

I would love to do a Duluth meet at the end of September or beginning of October. I'm worried that's too close to the UP meet though (it'd be about three or four weeks after the UP meet; I'm planning on going to that meet at this point), don't know what others think.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Alps

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on December 15, 2014, 11:01:50 PM
I would love to do a Duluth meet at the end of September or beginning of October. I'm worried that's too close to the UP meet though (it'd be about three or four weeks after the UP meet; I'm planning on going to that meet at this point), don't know what others think.
Is there construction that necessitates it being at that time? If so, do what you have to do. If not, do what you want to do.

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: Alps on December 16, 2014, 12:57:46 AM
Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on December 15, 2014, 11:01:50 PM
Is there construction that necessitates it being at that time? If so, do what you have to do. If not, do what you want to do.

Nothing necessitating having it at that time; I think it's probably the nicest time of year there. But I can schedule it for whenever.  I'm more concerned with making sure I'm not stepping on anyone's toes.

catofdar

I'm definitely down with a Madison meet.  Duluth and the UP are also possibilities as is Chicago.  I just bought a house, so money's a little tight, but we'll see :)
CatOfDar Roads...Adding random meows to road enthusiasm since 2005.

TheHighwayMan3561

I've decided the Duluth meet will be held at a different time than the late September I had hoped for originally. I'll let you know what I decide.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.