News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

2015 Meets

Started by Laura, October 21, 2014, 10:30:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cu2010

What about 2023 meats? Gotta get those good cuts of beef reserved early, you know. Never know when we're gonna have a sudden shortage of cows.  :pan:
This is cu2010, reminding you, help control the ugly sign population, don't have your shields spayed or neutered.

Alps

Quote from: cu2010 on January 25, 2015, 06:21:23 PM
What about 2023 meats? Gotta get those good cuts of beef reserved early, you know. Never know when we're gonna have a sudden shortage of cows.  :pan:
Don't be jerky.

codyg1985

If we are now talking about 2016 meets, then I am going to do a second Birmingham meet in Spring 2016 which will feature the completed I-22/65 interchange, as well as construction of the Northern Beltline.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

froggie

If anyone's interested in a covered bridge mini-meet later this year (plus excellent pizza and beer for those who are old enough), let me know.

vdeane

Quote from: froggie on January 29, 2015, 09:35:44 AM
If anyone's interested in a covered bridge mini-meet later this year (plus excellent pizza and beer for those who are old enough), let me know.
That sounds like fun, and most of Vermont is in easy day trip range for me.  Any particular area in mind?
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

froggie

Lyndon, which has 5 within the town.  2 of them still driveable.

Alps

I vote to deny the pizza to anyone not of age.

froggie

Guess that rules you out then...

vdeane

Quote from: froggie on January 29, 2015, 09:52:24 PM
Lyndon, which has 5 within the town.  2 of them still driveable.
Awesome, this sounds like something I definitely want to attend.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

jeffandnicole

Quote from: Alps on January 29, 2015, 11:30:07 PM
I vote to deny the pizza to anyone not of age.

Those not of age can go to Chuckie Cheese. 

cu2010

Lyndon VT is about four hours from here...could be doable.

Have a few different choices of routes, too, so could take one way out there, another way back. :)
This is cu2010, reminding you, help control the ugly sign population, don't have your shields spayed or neutered.

brianreynolds

Bridges.  Beer.  Pizza.  Am I interested?  You sure know how to bait the hook.  Add in nearby parts of VT, NH QC that I have not yet traveled, and I am real interested.  Please time this so I can.  If only I knew when that would be.

froggie

Mostly likely at a future time where we don't have 3 feet of snow on the ground...

Dougtone

Quote from: Dougtone on October 21, 2014, 09:55:34 PM
Attendees to the Merritt Parkway and Quebec City meets may know that I am considering hosting a meet in Portland, Maine next year.  I'm also looking into the possibility of a new Tappan Zee Bridge meet.

I'm on the fence about a Portland, ME meet at this time, plus it looks like someone else will be hosting a new Tappan Zee Bridge later this year. However, I am now considering a Long Island meet this fall, focused more on my native county of Suffolk.

dgolub

Quote from: Dougtone on February 22, 2015, 08:07:05 AM
Attendees to the Merritt Parkway and Quebec City meets may know that I am considering hosting a meet in Portland, Maine next year.  I'm also looking into the possibility of a new Tappan Zee Bridge meet.

I'm on the fence about a Portland, ME meet at this time, plus it looks like someone else will be hosting a new Tappan Zee Bridge later this year. However, I am now considering a Long Island meet this fall, focused more on my native county of Suffolk.

I was also thinking about hosting a meet (which would be my first time hosting) on Long Island, although mine would be focusing on Nassau, so we wouldn't be overlapping.  I was also figuring on doing it in the fall, since it's after-season and we'd be able to get into the parking fields at Jones Beach for free.

Any thoughts on where you'd be taking us in Suffolk?  The NY 347 reconstruction seems like something to check out, and the Robert Moses Causeway is always fun.

Roadgeek Adam

Quote from: dgolub on February 22, 2015, 10:17:00 AM

I was also thinking about hosting a meet (which would be my first time hosting) on Long Island, although mine would be focusing on Nassau, so we wouldn't be overlapping.  I was also figuring on doing it in the fall, since it's after-season and we'd be able to get into the parking fields at Jones Beach for free.

Any thoughts on where you'd be taking us in Suffolk?  The NY 347 reconstruction seems like something to check out, and the Robert Moses Causeway is always fun.

The 2008 meet dealt with the Robert Moses. I suggested to Doug a few months ago we probably would need to start further east, such as Western Suffolk and maybe Central Suffolk.
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

froggie

QuoteI'm on the fence about a Portland, ME meet at this time

Can't think of a whole lot that's happened in Portland anyway recently.  More appropriate would probably be a Portsmouth, NH meet, given ongoing reconstruction and interchange realignment on the Spaulding.

vdeane

Long Island is pretty big, so it might work for a two day meet.  I'd be willing to go without Portland this year in return for a longer LI meet this fall and a Halifax meet next year.

Pete from Boston

Quote from: vdeane on February 22, 2015, 05:26:14 PM
Long Island traffic moves infuriatingly slowly, so it might work for a two day meet.  I'd be willing to go without Portland this year in return for a longer LI meet this fall and a Halifax meet next year.

FTFY

Dougtone

Quote from: Pete from Boston on February 22, 2015, 05:34:08 PM

Quote from: vdeane on February 22, 2015, 05:26:14 PM
Long Island traffic moves infuriatingly slowly, so it might work for a two day meet.  I'd be willing to go without Portland this year in return for a longer LI meet this fall and a Halifax meet next year.

FTFY

It doesn't move quite as slow when it's off-season on a Saturday, depending on where you are on LI.

Dougtone

I'm still on the drawing board for this meet.  There's an abandoned section of NY 111 in Smithtown to check out. NY 347 reconstruction is definitely on the list, along with the Ocean Parkway extensions on Fire Island, where the Robert Moses Causeway could be tied in at one end. I'd like to get over to Smith Point County Park to show the other Ocean Parkway extension (of course, with nothing built between Robert Moses and Smith Point Parks. I'll have to figure out what else I can include to fill in the blanks, unless I want to go further east (which is also a possibility).

Also, for reference, the January 2008 LI meet featured NY 135 stubs, a few of the Long Island parkways and an original Motor Parkway bridge abutment in Melville.  I don't think there will be too much overlap in attendance between then and now.

dgolub

Quote from: Dougtone on February 22, 2015, 11:06:41 PM
I'm still on the drawing board for this meet.  There's an abandoned section of NY 111 in Smithtown to check out. NY 347 reconstruction is definitely on the list, along with the Ocean Parkway extensions on Fire Island, where the Robert Moses Causeway could be tied in at one end. I'd like to get over to Smith Point County Park to show the other Ocean Parkway extension (of course, with nothing built between Robert Moses and Smith Point Parks. I'll have to figure out what else I can include to fill in the blanks, unless I want to go further east (which is also a possibility).

Sounds like fun.  Maybe we should coordinate and make it a two-day meet with a different host for each day.

jpi

Looks like I will be in central PA at the end of September for the annual toy show in Hershey, if something like this falls the weekend before or weekend after, this may be doable for me.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Dougtone

Quote from: dgolub on February 23, 2015, 08:51:33 AM
Quote from: Dougtone on February 22, 2015, 11:06:41 PM

Sounds like fun.  Maybe we should coordinate and make it a two-day meet with a different host for each day.

That can work.

adamjackson

IN!

Please keep me in mind on the planning. A day of covered bridges and Parker Pie sounds excellent. A short 70 miles for me to get up there.
I'm a project manager for North America and other regions for TomTom!

Tell us about map changes you observe on Map Share Reporter
http://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.