News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Traffic issues OTP in Atlanta, And Suggestions on how to Fix them

Started by Tomahawkin, November 28, 2012, 09:56:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomahawkin

People who commute in Atlanta mostly Know that all the Bottlenecks are Associated with 285 as well as the Downtown Connector, but what are other notable Bottlenecks that are OTP (Outside the Perimeter)? Name Them as welll as suggestions at exit ramps and surface streets:

Many Bottlenecks where an interstate meets a heavily travel local hwy usually add to the Mess that is associated with the local interstates

The Obvious Issues OTP are The Crap Hot-Lanes route of the NE Expwy (I-85), I-75 In Cobb County, and GA 400....

US 78 and Both ends of I-20, and SB 75 through Henry County are hell on a daily basis

And it is still beyond me as to why I-20 and I-75 are only 3 Lanes OTP! SMFH

And on a separate issue, Im all for expanding MARTA but Bass Ackward Leglisation and Politics in GA Opt to just expand roads, add toll lanes. Its Like Putting a Band-Aid on a Bullet Wound, These issues should have been addressed before the 1996 Olympics....GRRRR

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.