News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Song medleys that some radio stations purposely leave out or cut parts out

Started by roadman65, February 01, 2012, 07:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vtk

WNKO just played a butchered version of Edgar Winters Group "Frankenstein".  Every few seconds it jumped ahead, breaking the flow. Since the whole song is instrumental, the whole song got this chop shop treatment. If you're going to mutilate the song like that, what's the point of playing it at all?

Edit: not a polycarmen, so not on-topic.  Oops.
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

bandit957

Quote from: kurumi on November 22, 2014, 04:14:26 PM
Quote from: bandit957 on October 19, 2014, 03:35:24 PM
Another funny thing I did when I was about 10. Any time a song had a title or lyrics with a word that rhymed with the name of a 'Sesame Street' character, I'd change the lyrics accordingly. For example, "Do You Really Want To Hurt Me" by Culture Club became "Do You Really Want To Bert Me".

"Almost Over You" by Sheena Easton became "Almost Grover You". The line about "paintin' the town" became "number paintin' the town", because of the Number Painter on 'Sesame Street'.

Also the line in "Puttin' On The Ritz" that said "Tryin' hard to look like Gary Cooper" became "Tryin' hard to look like Mr. Hooper."

You oughta record those songs and call yourself Weird Elmo Yankovic

I thought of another song like this, but it was popular when I was maybe 13 or 14. The song was "Words Get In The Way" by Gloria Estefan. I used to call it "Big Bird Gets In The Way". I used to sing, "I tried to say I love you, but Big Bird got in the way." I had this image of Gloria Estefan trying to wave goodbye to a man who was leaving on a train, never to be seen again, when Big Bird steps right in the way and says, "Can you tell me how far it is to Mr. Looper's Store?"
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

vtk

Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

bandit957

Another 'Sesame Street' parody involved the song "Let 'Em In" by Wings. I changed the line about "Uncle Ernie" to "Bert and Ernie".
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.