News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Party City to file for bankruptcy

Started by bing101, January 18, 2023, 09:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bing101

WillWeaverRVA

No surprise there. They weren't doing well before COVID, and I'm sure the pandemic didn't do them any favors either.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

jp the roadgeek

They already closed a bunch of stores a couple years ago, including the one in my town.  Surprised the chain isn't gone yet.
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

hotdogPi

There's one 300 feet into New Hampshire in a plaza next to NH/MA 125. New Hampshire has no sales tax, which is why it's placed where it is. Not having been inside, I don't know how it's doing.

Will this bankruptcy close all stores or just some?
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

SectorZ

Quote from: 1 on January 19, 2023, 09:17:33 AM
Will this bankruptcy close all stores or just some?

Chapter 11, so there should be the intent to maintain some stores, maybe most if not close to all if they can. It all depends, but that's the difference from Chapter 7, which is total liquidation of assets.

Scott5114

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Big John

Quote from: WillWeaverRVA on January 19, 2023, 09:00:03 AM
No surprise there. They weren't doing well before COVID, and I'm sure the pandemic didn't do them any favors either.
I see what you did there.

formulanone

TheHighwayMan3561

Hey, well, at least it could cut some annual infrastructure costs for Spirit Halloween...
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

WillWeaverRVA

Quote from: Big John on January 19, 2023, 03:35:36 PM
Quote from: WillWeaverRVA on January 19, 2023, 09:00:03 AM
I see what you did there.

Mwahaha.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

ErmineNotyours

Had a chuckle outside of this Party City.  In Canada, Smarties candies are called Rockets because Canada has real Smarties: candy coated chocolate drops.  They simply used the advertising provided by the United States with the wrong brand name on it.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.