News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Proposed US 301 Realignment at Coleman, FL

Started by Brian556, February 01, 2023, 12:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian556

On Facebook, FDOT posted a light of projects that are a part of "Moving Foward Florida" One of them is a realignment of US 301 at Coleman. Looks like the project will also widen US 301 all the way from Sumterville to SR 44 south of Wildwood.

Jaxrunner

US 301 goes near the Villages in that area. So many houses are being built in Sumter County so it seems logical to expand the road and reroute around the town of Coleman. If growth keeps up I can image in another generation there will be housing developments continuous from the Ocala Area down to the Tampa Bay area. The Turnpike needs to be widening from I 75 down to SR 50 as the road feels like it is over capacity and frequently I have been stuck in back ups do to wrecks in the area.

roadman65

Not really. The Withalacoochie River Wetlands will stop that, but yes all the metro areas in a hundred years will all be joined sort of like the I-35 corridor from San Antonio to Waco.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.