News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

classmates.com

Started by bugo, January 21, 2018, 11:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

The website classmates.com has scans of high school yearbooks from across the country. These yearbooks often have pictures from the area in them, usually towards the back. Has anybody looked through any of these yearbooks looking for road-related pictures? As many yearbooks as they have on there, there have to be some pictures of old signs or something.

Rothman

Dear heavens, that website is still around? :D
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

hbelkins

My dad's old college yearbooks from Berea College have some photos with cutout markers for US 25, KY 21 and KY 595 shown.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

1995hoo

I recall one of my college yearbooks having a two-page photo spread showing first-year dorm move-in day with a picture of backed-up traffic on Emmet Street (US-29 Business in Charlottesville). The caption proved the yearbook editors definitely didn't know much about roads because it said something about there being heavy traffic because (this is not an exact quote) "Route 29 is the only way to Charlottesville for students coming from Northern Virginia."  :rolleyes:
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

adventurernumber1

I have never used this site, but I do have some copies of some pages in my uncle's old yearbook from the 1970's that show some roads. I will try to get those on here as soon as possible. This site definitely sounds like it would be a good and very neat source for old road photos!  :nod:
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

bandit957

Mine mostly just have our school portraits that they touched up beyond recognition.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

US71

I signed up once, cruised the site a few time, then walked away. No one would remember me, anyway. Just a waste of time unless you're looking for an old flame.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

inkyatari

Facebook pretty much killed that site.
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.