What was the best concert you’d ever been to?

Started by OCGuy81, March 05, 2021, 08:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeekteen

I'm not really into concerts, but I went to a Star Wars concert at Tanglewood once which was pretty good.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

NWI_Irish96

Not really in any particular order:

Fleetwood Mac (2017)
Def Leppard/Styx/Foreigner (2007)
Chicago (1995)
Barenaked Ladies (1994, in a 1000 seat venue, before they were huge)
"Weird Al" Yankovic (several times between 1992 and 2019)
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

roadman65

Beach Boys at Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, NJ.  It was pouring rain during the event, but we all got soaked. Then afterwards went on Roaring Rapids where if I got soaked in dry weather, at that moment wouldn't matter.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

SectorZ

May 2018, Sons of Apollo in Worcester, MA.

For those who don't know them, they are a prog-metal supergroup that has Mike Portnoy (formerly of Dream Theater) as the drummer, along with a lot of well known names in the hard rock world.

As their second-to-last song, they played Van Halen's "And the Cradle Will Rock". Their lead singer, Jeff Scott Soto, was running around among the fans singing it. As he approached me, he handed me the mic and had me sing the chorus. I will never forget that.

Flint1979

Paul McCartney opening night Little Caesars Arena in Detroit. Second was any of the Eddie Money concerts I went to at Pine Knob.

Takumi

Quote from: bugo on March 16, 2021, 04:02:11 PM
I have been to a bunch of good shows, and it would be impossible to pick just one, but here are some of the highlights:

Pearl Jam
Metallica (x2)
Nine Inch Nails
Failure (x2)
The Prodigy
Tricky
Tool (3x)
Puscifer (2x)
A Perfect Circle
Tori Amos (x2)
Iron Maiden (x2)
BT (x2)
Smashing Pumpkins (5x+WPC solo 1x)
Deftones (5x)
Paul McCartney
Foo Fighters (x2)
Judas Priest

I've been to a bunch more, but these are some of the artists you might have heard of.
I want to see the Pumpkins once touring resumes. The next tour is supposed to be Mellon Collie themed.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

bugo

Quote from: Takumi on March 16, 2021, 08:49:47 PM
I want to see the Pumpkins once touring resumes. The next tour is supposed to be Mellon Collie themed.

The first time I saw them was at Cain's Ballroom in Tulsa in 2010. They played a mix of old, new and obscure Pumpkins songs. They were touring behind that album that they gave away on their website (which, in true Corgan style, was eventually abandoned), and they played several songs off of it. The second time was at the Cain's in 2012, and they played the entirety of <i>Oceania</i> and a few old songs. The third time was at the Brady Theater in Tulsa in 2013, which was the <i>Plainsong</i> tour, which was mostly acoustic but with some electronic beats towards the last half of the show. They played a bunch of songs that I had never heard before, which was great. The fourth time was at the big arena in Oklahoma City in 2018, right after Iha and Chamberlin rejoined the band. They played mostly older Pumpkin songs, which was a treat. The fifth time was again at the Brady in 2018, and they were touring behind the <i>Shiny and Oh So Bright</i> album, and they played a few new songs and a bunch of old ones. The last concert I ever attended was Billy Corgan solo at the Cain's in late 2019. It was an acoustic show, and he played guitar on some songs and piano on others. I'm very fortunate to have been able to see them as many times as I have.

Takumi

Quote from: bugo on March 16, 2021, 09:04:35 PM
Quote from: Takumi on March 16, 2021, 08:49:47 PM

The first time I saw them was at Cain's Ballroom in Tulsa in 2010. They played a mix of old, new and obscure Pumpkins songs. They were touring behind that album that they gave away on their website (which, in true Corgan style, was eventually abandoned), and they played several songs off of it. The second time was at the Cain's in 2012, and they played the entirety of <i>Oceania</i> and a few old songs. The third time was at the Brady Theater in Tulsa in 2013, which was the <i>Plainsong</i> tour, which was mostly acoustic but with some electronic beats towards the last half of the show. They played a bunch of songs that I had never heard before, which was great. The fourth time was at the big arena in Oklahoma City in 2018, right after Iha and Chamberlin rejoined the band. They played mostly older Pumpkin songs, which was a treat. The fifth time was again at the Brady in 2018, and they were touring behind the <i>Shiny and Oh So Bright</i> album, and they played a few new songs and a bunch of old ones. The last concert I ever attended was Billy Corgan solo at the Cain's in late 2019. It was an acoustic show, and he played guitar on some songs and piano on others. I'm very fortunate to have been able to see them as many times as I have.
They've played the National here in Richmond a few times. Maybe they'll come here again.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.