News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

New Hampshire finally going to mainline LOGO service signs - question answered

Started by roadman, July 01, 2014, 09:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman

On I-93 northbound on the way up to Derry NH today (dentist appointment for a new crown - ugh!), I noticed a new "Attractions Exit 3" BBS panel - minus any LOGOs - in Windham south of the NH 111 exit.  Got off at 111, so I didn't notice if there was a similar sign in the southbound direction.

Is this a "one-off" sign (perhaps I-93 widening project mitigation?), or has NHDOT decided to start putting real LOGO service panels (as opposed to their current practice of providing generic logos on advance guide signs for exits) on their freeway mainlines?

Update:  Got an answer to my question.  Last Thursday, while heading up to Derry (phase II of new crown), I noticed the previously blank Attractions sign prior to Exit 3 now has a LOGO on it.  However, the LOGO is not for a tourist attraction, but for ConvenientMD, which is a private urgent care facility off of I-93 at Exit 3 in Windham.

In discussing this with a couple of my contacts the other day, I was told that the NH Legislature recently passed a law directing the NHDOT to install Attractions signs on New Hampshire freeways.  Upon seeing an off-freeway billboard (on NH 28 southbound outside of Derry) for ConvenientMD, I surmise that they qualifiy under this new program because they are only open between 9 AM and 9 PM and, thus, would not qualify for either 24hr pharmacy or EMS signing per MUTCD guidelines.

One of my contacts mentioned that the only other "Attractions" that have been signed under this new program have been NH state liquor stores.  https://www.facebook.com/ellentv/photos/a.182755292239.124686.26012002239/10152345725812240/?type=1

Now, who out there was mentioning something about this being the "silly season" for politics?
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.