10 Games That Came Out in 1988 That Will Make You Feel Probably Nothing Really

Started by ZLoth, January 16, 2018, 05:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZLoth

From Green Man Gaming:

10 Games That Came Out in 1988 That Will Make You Feel Probably Nothing Really
QuoteThis is the last one (this year)

Here's ten games that came out in 1988 which frankly, most of you probably won't remember or have any emotional attachment to. Even I, aged as time itself, can barely remember some of these titles. Well, actually a couple I remember really well.

Let's look back into TIME and see what games came out thirty years ago, in the Year of Luigi, 1988.
FULL ARTICLE HERE
I'm an Engineer. That means I solve problems. Not problems like "What is beauty?", because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy. I solve practical problems and call them "paychecks".

nexus73

Ring Of No Spin anyone?  One of the Bard's Tale had that to find and you had to do so in a room that was black and randomly spun you around with each step.  Tough!  My youngest brother and I used to play the Bard's Tale games on the C64 and had a ton of fun with them.

Nice to see Ultima get some love in that article too.  That was a great adventure game.

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

Takumi

I remember exactly none of those. But I was 2 in 1988. Though I did get an NES for Christmas that year.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Max Rockatansky

I played through the Famicom Final Fantasy 2 in the 1990s on emulation, definitely the worst game in the series by far.  Wasteland is a fun DOS era game that was a lot like Fallout.  I remember a lot of these games from the era but only owned about half on the list.  Weird that they were getting into more obscure stuff.

1995hoo

I had a copy of Battle Chess. The pieces killing each other was entertaining for the first two or three times, but after that it got annoying because it just slowed the game down.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: 1995hoo on January 17, 2018, 07:27:10 AM
I had a copy of Battle Chess. The pieces killing each other was entertaining for the first two or three times, but after that it got annoying because it just slowed the game down.

Star Wars Chess did the same thing although I forget what year it came out in.  The deaths were actually surprisingly brutal and varied upon which characters were facing each other.  I want to say that Yoda made the Storm Trooper shot himself in the head.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.