News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Traffic Control / Re: Department of Redundancy D...
Last post by 74/171FAN - Today at 02:55:43 PM
Let's post US 30 EB twice, but ignore US 30 BUS EB (https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10220284690547919&set=a.10220284736789075)

Mid-Atlantic / Re: Francis Scott Key Bridge (...
Last post by The Ghostbuster - Today at 02:48:38 PM
I think all remaining four-lane segments on the Baltimore Beltway should be expanded to six lanes. The four-lane segments may not be as heavily traveled as other segments of 695, but since the new bridge will be six lanes, the rest of the beltway should be at least six lanes as well.
Traffic Control / Re: Erroneous road signs
Last post by 74/171FAN - Today at 02:23:28 PM
Klines Mill Rd at US 30 in Jennerstown, PA  (Yeah, Bedford is more than 7 miles east of here....) (https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10220284706028306&set=a.10220284736789075)

Off-Topic / Re: Random Thoughts
Last post by jgb191 - Today at 02:13:34 PM
Quote from: JayhawkCO on Today at 10:34:45 AM
Quote from: jeffandnicole on Today at 07:08:32 AM
Quote from: jgb191 on Today at 12:02:16 AMI was connecting at Hobby Airport yesterday and at the gate next to where I was boarding for my onward flight back home, I overheard this:

Southwest Airlines gate agent (calmly): "Good Evening sir, what airport are you flying to tonight?"
Southwest Airlines Passenger (upset):  "I'm going to California ma'am."
Southwest Airlines gate agent (still calm):  "Okay, do you know which airport?"
Southwest Airlines passenger (irate):  "I just told you, California!"
Southwest Airlines gate agent (still calmly): "I understand sir, but which airport exactly?"
Southwest Airlines passenger (angrily):  "What part of 'California' do you not understand ma'am?!"
Southwest Airlines gate agent (still calm):  "There are a lot of airports in California, I just need to know which one."
Southwest Airlines passenger (blows fuse):  "I need to speak to your manager, NOW!!!"

I felt really terrible; it seems that airline agents are kicked in the head way more than any other customer service profession.  I wish airlines would provide trauma assistance every week for their employees.

Campbeltown Airport in Scotland it is then. (IATA code: CAL)

At least you'd be able to drink some Springbank.

So you're proposing the following:

Houston Hobby to Atlanta Hartsfield via Southwest Airlines
Atlanta Hartsfield to London Heathrow via Delta Airlines
London Heathrow to Glasgow via British Airways
Glasgow to Campbelltown (CAL) via Logan Air

Sounds good to me! 

Quote from: Scott5114 on Today at 12:46:02 AMHope y'all have a good trip to Daggett!

The closest airport to Daggett, CA is Las Vegas McCarran Int'l Airport.  I don't know about sending him to Vegas at his raging state of mind.
Off-Topic / Re: Minor things that bother y...
Last post by SectorZ - Today at 02:00:46 PM
Quote from: Rothman on Today at 01:27:02 PMI still hate adaptive cruise control.

I love it outside of the problem above. My wife's car will control it down to a complete stop and you can leave it on in stop-and-go traffic with no fatigue. Makes driving a lot less aggravating. Sure it's a little herky-jerky at times but I've gotten used to it. Only thing I need to remember jumping to my car is that it doesn't have it.
Mid-Atlantic / Re: Francis Scott Key Bridge (...
Last post by plain - Today at 01:43:07 PM
Quote from: MASTERNC on Today at 01:13:42 PM
Quote from: triplemultiplex on Today at 11:50:03 AM
Quote from: Henry on May 07, 2024, 10:07:03 PM

Even though it's just a first pitch by some entity, I have to imagine the eventual replacement will basically look like this. 

Especially given the safety "lessons learned" will be to place the piers out of the shipping channel like this bridge would

Yes, and a wider horizontal clearance will also allow ships and other boats to pass in each direction simultaneously. Or is just a narrow lane dredged to 50ft there? I'm on my phone, do anyone have a nautical chart handy they can post?
Traffic Control / Re: Why don't option lane BGSs...
Last post by wanderer2575 - Today at 01:33:02 PM
Quote from: webny99 on Today at 01:09:20 PM
Quote from: wanderer2575 on Today at 12:37:32 PM
Quote from: webny99 on Today at 11:09:27 AMMy only suggestion for this sign would be that the rightmost arrow should be located between EXIT and ONLY rather than to the right of it. Other than that, it looks great.

That may be what the official guidance says, but it would require a wider sign with more blank space.  Like APLs, one has to make a choice.

Why would it require a wider sign? The arrow takes up the same amount of space regardless of where it's located within the EXIT ONLY panel.

Can't simply flip ONLY and the right arrow; that would push the arrows closer together.  They have to remain as they are relative to each other so they are positioned correctly over the lanes.  No space to move them to the left.  No space to place ONLY to the right of the arrow without widening the sign.
Off-Topic / Re: Minor things that bother y...
Last post by Rothman - Today at 01:27:02 PM
I still hate adaptive cruise control.
Great Lakes and Ohio Valley / Re: New US 51 - Cairo Bridge
Last post by ilpt4u - Today at 01:25:28 PM
Cairo is positioned in a spot that should be a vibrant city. Right at the junction of the Mississippi and Ohio. Its history is troubled and there is barely a city left.

I don't live that far away but really isn't much reason to head down that way very often, unfortunately

As far as a new bridge, if Missouri and Illinois are not going to replace the Mississippi River bridge at the river confluence, the Ohio River bridge should probably be further north closer to the I-57/US 51/IL 3/IL 37 intersections, and tie more directly into the interstate for the interstate bridge to Missouri. That appears to be the US 60 corridor study referenced here
Northeast / Re: Interstate 81 in Syracuse
Last post by Rothman - Today at 01:25:14 PM
Heh.  Residents of Pulaski consider the interchanges partial...

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.