News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Delaware

Started by Alex, February 11, 2009, 10:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seicer

I don't mind the roundabouts but the four-lane roundabouts can be confusing, especially if the left turns are dual lane. Will there be that much traffic to require dual left turns at roundabouts?

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

TRAFFIC ALERT - New Castle County - Lane Closures on Casho Mill Road for Railroad Bridge Improvements

QuoteImprovements will include adding flashers, beacons, signage, and a CCTV for traffic monitoring. In addition, the project will involve the installation of "clankers", a crossbar with a series of chains attached to it, as an enhancement to other warning systems to prevent bridge strikes due to over height vehicles. The "clankers" are designed to make a lot of noise when a vehicle tries to enter the underpass alerting drivers of the low clearance without damaging the vehicle itself.

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

D-Dey65

Quote from: 74/171FAN on April 22, 2022, 10:34:20 AM
Quote from: 74/171FAN on February 28, 2022, 02:20:29 PM
US 13, US 40 to Memorial Drive Pedestrian Improvements Public Workshop

Note that this map on the project webpage has US 141 shields on it.
Pretty stupid, especially since the one northwest of US 13-40 could easily be changed to US 202. But what I really don't like is that they're still making it difficult for southbound US 13 drivers to head north on I-295.

74/171FAN

Alex

jemacedo9

Quote from: 74/171FAN on February 22, 2022, 11:24:16 AM
As of Saturday, DE 30 signage has not been removed (at least along the DE 24 concurrency, seeing it there made it clear to me not to bother on the rest that is planned to be removed).

As of this past Sat 4/23, DE 30 signage still exists west of US 113.

74/171FAN

PurdueBill

Quote from: Alex on April 24, 2022, 08:26:48 AM
Delaware has a history of missigning SR 141 as US 141:

The best part (or worst?) of the switcheroo of shield shapes (DE to US, US to DE) is that DE 202 is an actual route but not this one. 

Also I like how it is not a warning about bridges icing before highways; it's a requirement.  Hey bridges!  You had better be icing before highways.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.