News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Wisconsin notes

Started by mgk920, May 30, 2012, 02:33:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FightingIrish

Quote from: SSOWorld on June 06, 2024, 06:51:24 PMWIS 311 is the most useless designation of a state route that I've ever seen.  I'm sure IDOT has done worse though.  WisDOT, meet KYTC.
Well, it's a state-maintained and built road, so I get the signing. It certainly didn't cost much to sign it.

Someday, WisConn might actually be built out and filled. If not, they could always do another road swap and turn WIS 311 back to the city or county.

The Ghostbuster

Maybe if the previously proposed Foxconn plant had been completed as originally planned, the STH 311 designation might have had some merit. Now it seems like a useless spur route that could have easily been either an unnumbered route, or a county highway. In addition, since it parallels Interstate 41/94 just to the east, it seems like an unnecessary state highway designation.

SEWIGuy

It's really not that big of a deal. It's a state maintained route, so it may as well be signed.

hobsini2

Quote from: SEWIGuy on June 07, 2024, 07:14:35 AMIt's really not that big of a deal. It's a state maintained route, so it may as well be signed.
The road itself is not a big deal but Foxconn at this point was a complete political sham with nothing to show for it. I don't believe we will ever see anything come of this that is for the good of the state and county. I hope there will be a developer who will step in and make it worth it.
I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

JREwing78

Quote from: hobsini2 on June 07, 2024, 09:59:01 AM
Quote from: SEWIGuy on June 07, 2024, 07:14:35 AMIt's really not that big of a deal. It's a state maintained route, so it may as well be signed.
The road itself is not a big deal but Foxconn at this point was a complete political sham with nothing to show for it. I don't believe we will ever see anything come of this that is for the good of the state and county. I hope there will be a developer who will step in and make it worth it.
Like Microsoft, for instance? https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/08/tech/microsoft-ai-wisconsin/index.html

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.