AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

on: Today at 09:57:10 PM 
Started by roadman65 - Last post by Max Rockatansky
Standard is still used in San Francisco.

https://flic.kr/p/2pCvrRd

on: Today at 09:55:18 PM 
Started by Mdcastle - Last post by froggie
^ Pretty sure MnDOT already has it as a turnback candidate.

on: Today at 09:44:37 PM 
Started by roadman65 - Last post by roadman65
https://maps.app.goo.gl/bm9XLcBwC22XVTgv5
I thought Chevron is now nationwide. The Standard names were abolished in all the fuel companies throughout the US?

https://maps.app.goo.gl/SHQNqZ9kmm34RQke8  Yet the one on Russell Road is Chevron.

on: Today at 09:42:20 PM 
Started by Tom89t - Last post by roadman65
https://maps.app.goo.gl/W4RzwAtbahfMLknR8
I see LVNV uses 3M signals on Tropicana at Dean Martin.

on: Today at 09:40:48 PM 
Started by FLRoads - Last post by NJRoadfan
I bet it'll be somewhat safer when the loop ramp to SB Turkey Lake Rd from WB Sand Lake opens and the final road shoulders are in place, but I'm surprised they switched it to a DDI at this point in the process.

That is one complicated looking reverse jughandle *ducks*

on: Today at 09:20:52 PM 
Started by bing101 - Last post by Sub-Urbanite
That is a question for the 2025 Legislature. Factors include:

• How badly does Clackamas County want it?
  • If legislators say, "Do you want this or an extension of the Sunrise Corridor, which do you pick?"
  • Are legislators going to be cranky about how Clackamas County said "If it comes with tolls, we don't want a widening?"
  • How much money can the Legislature raise statewide, knowing that they'll need to A) pay for Rose Quarter, B) send enough money to the rural to buy those votes, and C) put enough money into transit and bike/ped to keep Portland happy?

It’s been a long time since I’ve seen the proposals and understood what is going on. ODOT was planning on widening these roads by a GP lane each way and/or an aux lane, right? That was going to be funded by tolls or am not remembering correctly?

Yes. Phase I, funded, is the reconstruction of the Abernethy Bridge over the Willamette, including a widening and approach reconstruction.

Phase II, which was to be funded by tolling, was to rebuild the Tualatin River bridges on I-205 and widen I-205 to 3 GP lanes in each direction from Highway 43 to Stafford Road, making 205 6 lanes for its entire length in Oregon. Phase II is now unfunded.
Interesting. So I wonder if that’ll be funded or “shelved.”

on: Today at 09:18:55 PM 
Started by swbrotha100 - Last post by Sub-Urbanite
How long after the Interstate 11 signs go up between Interstate 215 and NV 157 might the exits be renumbered? How long after the initial posting of the Interstate 11 signs were the old 515 Exits 56A-61 renumbered?

I'd guess it's all part of the same project. The ones on this segment might be easier to do because they're part of an existing construction project (see: change order) vs. other signs that need to be part of a comprehensive bid for system-wide sign replacement.

on: Today at 09:12:45 PM 
Started by edwaleni - Last post by pianocello
I'm amused the alternatives maps use background aerials from when the Rock River was super flooded.  I guess that makes it easy to pick out the floodplain!

Rock River: "That's my secret. I'm always angry flooded".

on: Today at 09:09:47 PM 
Started by 1 - Last post by formulanone
US 31 > US 90 > New Jersey 90:

on: Today at 09:03:10 PM 
Started by MaxConcrete - Last post by MaxConcrete
@MaxConcrete any chance this leads to work being done on the Red Bluff Freeway? Between Bayport, the need for hurricane evacuation, and Kemah's continuing growth, it seems like the time is ripe for reviving this project.

The last I heard about Red Bluff road is that it was studied by HCTRA for toll feasibility but was rejected as being infeasible. Fairmont Parkway was also determined to be infeasible. That was probably at least 10 years ago.

The most recent long term H-GAC plan I can find does not list any improvements for Red Bluff Road south of Fairmont Parkway (which is the section in a frontage road configuration).

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.