User Content > Photos, Videos, and More

Illinois Road Videos

<< < (145/146) > >>

thspfc:

--- Quote from: Crash_It on June 24, 2022, 07:25:48 PM ---
--- Quote from: Rothman on June 24, 2022, 01:16:07 PM ---
--- Quote from: JayhawkCO on June 24, 2022, 10:55:17 AM ---
--- Quote from: Crash_It on June 24, 2022, 10:44:38 AM ---
--- Quote from: hbelkins on June 24, 2022, 09:21:30 AM ---Wait ... part of Illinois is considered to be in the Ozarks?

Is that some silly government definition like the one that puts Edmonson County, Ky., in Appalachia?

--- End quote ---

Yup it's official

https://www.illinoisozarks.com/ozark-tour/

There's also a debate as to whether the Knobstone escarpment in Indiana is actually part of the Appalachians.

--- End quote ---

Wikipedia officially says you're wrong.

--- End quote ---
Remember that Crash_It hasn't been anywhere.  Arguing with the ignorant just generates pity for the ignorant.

--- End quote ---

What do you mean I haven't been anywhere? I've been to Georgia, Indiana,Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri,Ohio, Tennessee and Wisconsin.

--- End quote ---
Why do you travel IL so extensively rather than going, oh I don’t know, west of the Mississippi or east of Kentucky or south of Tennessee?

dlsterner:

--- Quote from: hbelkins on June 24, 2022, 09:21:30 AM ---Wait ... part of Illinois is considered to be in the Ozarks?

Is that some silly government definition like the one that puts Edmonson County, Ky., in Appalachia?

--- End quote ---

Yup it's official

There's also a debate as to whether the Knobstone escarpment in Indiana is actually part of the Appalachians.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Remember that Crash_It hasn't been anywhere.  Arguing with the ignorant just generates pity for the ignorant.

--- End quote ---

What do you mean I haven't been anywhere? I've been to Georgia, Indiana,Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri,Ohio, Tennessee and Wisconsin.

--- End quote ---

It's a start.  Maybe not a whole lot compared to the average AARoads member, but a start nevertheless.

Max Rockatansky:

--- Quote from: dlsterner on June 24, 2022, 10:37:40 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Yup it's official

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

It's a start.  Maybe not a whole lot compared to the average AARoads member, but a start nevertheless.

--- End quote ---

The issue isn’t that Crash is starting to travel or a novice at it.  The real problem is how he expects to be treated as an expert by default with no real credibility.  Crash also seems to have convinced himself he can somehow convince others that he is an expert on road/travel-something.  This is only worsened when Crash tries to distort information and opinions into what he touts as “fact.”

So the question at hand is are we facing someone with a giant ego, someone who believes their own hype or someone just trying to fake it til he makes it?  I doubt you’ll get a serious answer from Crash though on whatever it might be.  One thing is clear, this whole holy-Illinois/dash cam-bad driver shenanigans just isn’t going to get him the mainstream acceptance he wants.

Flint1979:
I haven't entered any new states in over 8 years now but I'm still at 31 states covered plus Washington, DC. With Indiana holding the title of most counties visited.

Rothman:

--- Quote from: Max Rockatansky on June 24, 2022, 10:56:48 PM ---
--- Quote from: dlsterner on June 24, 2022, 10:37:40 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Yup it's official

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

The issue isn’t that Crash is starting to travel or a novice at it.  The real problem is how he expects to be treated as an expert by default with no real credibility.  Crash also seems to have convinced himself he can somehow convince others that he is an expert on road/travel-something.  This is only worsened when Crash tries to distort information and opinions into what he touts as “fact.”

So the question at hand is are we facing someone with a giant ego, someone who believes their own hype or someone just trying to fake it til he makes it?  I doubt you’ll get a serious answer from Crash though on whatever it might be.  One thing is clear, this whole holy-Illinois/dash cam-bad driver shenanigans just isn’t going to get him the mainstream acceptance he wants.

--- End quote ---
Like I said, his statements exceed his experience.  Same thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version