News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Lawrenceville GA to Little Rock (yawn)

Started by Tom958, April 20, 2014, 09:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom958

Well, it appears that my much-hoped-for road trip to Pittsburgh won't happen. :( Instead, I'm told I'll need to go to Little Rock for a day or two. i don't think there's a less interesting prospect for eight hour roadtrip from my house. :(

One thing I was wondering, though: I was thinking seriously of warning the others in my organization who'll be going there about the I-55-Crump Blvd. interchange in Memphis. I'm enough of a roadgeek to drive through it almost no matter what, but the thought of a vanfull of Mexicans going through it in the rain makes me cringe. I plan to make a diagram in Spanish explaining how and why to use I-240 and I-40 to avoid it.

Also, has construction on the roundabout interchange started yet?

Again, I'll be taking my company van, so there are limits to how much I can wander. However, I did find an alternate route that's 25 miles shorter but 43 minutes longer: Interstates, Windy Hill Road and GA 360 to Dallas, GA; US 278 to Cullman, AL; AL 157 to Muscle Shoals, US 72 to Memphis. I may go or return that way if timing and weather are favorable.

Is there anything interesting along the way that I should look for, or photograph?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.